BRAKES

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
Hi all, i think i asked this question b4 but i cant seem to find the post. i just found a wrecker with pulsar n14 sss brakes. these are different to the 1.6 right? are these the same as the gtir brakes? do the sss n14 brakes fit the micra? if so how much should i be paying?

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
n14 sss brakes are not the same as N15 sss or GtiR brakes.

try and find N15 1.6L brakes - they are lighter than the n14 brakes and do the same job - plus they're newer and less likely to have rusted pistons and worn caliper sliders.

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
yes the N15 SSS and RNN14 GTI-R front brakes (AD22VF) will fit.

So will the N14 SSS (N14 2.0L) front calipers.

All bolt on brake solutions from other Nissans will fit under the N14 SSS/GTIR rims.

Aftermarket brakes will be a most definate no. Brakes which require modification to fit (like U12 or U13 Pintara/Bluebird or J30/A32/A33 Maxima or D21/22 Navara) will not fit under the rims you have purchased.

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
went to the wreckers today to pick up the n14 sss wheels, and i wanted to buy a set of brakes as well. they had both the n14 sss there and the 1.6l pulsar n14 as well. the pulsar 1.6 brakes had the ad18v stamped on them as i expected. but the sss pulsar brakes did not have any model number i could see. only 24H or 24V stamped on them. they are noticibly chunkier than the 1.6L ones. are these the gtir brakes that everyone is talking about? will i need spacers for these? i havent bought anything yet. he wanted 35 for each caliper. what are new rotors from dba worth? does anyone know? what should i get? the sss brakes or the 1.6 brakes?

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
GTR, i have the sss n14 brakes, they look bigger pistonwise and use a 20mm disc, but are not gtir brakes. second time around i would have got 1.6l n14 calipers, as i found it very difficult to find performance brake pads or rotors (could only find DBA's, due to 20mm disc), plenty of good pads and rotor options around for the 1.6l though. However the sss n14 calipers look nicer, like scaled down gtir brakes,

Alex

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
and yes mine don't have any apparent model number stamped on them.

dba rotors around $110-120 for slotted i think, $90ish for std oem replacements. See if repco.com.au are still giving out 20% off vouchers for people signing up too theior mailing list, i got one recently. Applies to anything not on sale,

Alex

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
AD22VF are GTiR brakes and they will be stamped on them... If you see them and he doesnt want much for them, go for them! They're worth a mint to the pulsar boys.

If you want better brakes than standard, the N15 1.6L brakes would be the go. Simply because they are newer than the N14. Next best bet would be the N14 2.0L brakes and then up to the RNN14 GTiR/JNN15 SSS brakes.

N14 2.0L brakes also stick out alot further than the N14 1.6 and N15 1.6 brakes, so be weary that your rims dont foul on them.

Back