SSS N14 PULSAR WHEELS! WHAT TYRE SIZES?

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
hi all, i just purchased some sss pulsar wheels off an n14. im having a little difficulty trying to find tyres that will have the same rolling diameter of the 155/70/13 tyres that come standard on the micras. ive beent to the tyre calculator on the miata site and the closest i can find is 195/50/14 which would be ideal. however there arent any companies that seem to make a tyre in this size. id imagine that because its awkward size, it would be hell expensive too! Has anyone else used these rims b4? what tyres did you end up putting on them? how much? where can i get them from? im in brissy. thanks in advance. oh, ive asked this b4, but can anyone tell me what size and offset this car is running (approx)? i really want watanabe dishes!

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
185/55 R14

Federal Femoza FD1
Falken Zeix ZE-512

or any old 185/60 R14, i think the sidewalls are too high though, looks abit silly > mine came with these when i bought it. i had a go at 195/45 R14 Falken Zeix, their smaller than factory rolling diameter but also look silly, make the car dumped though,

Alex

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
AlexB, would you recommend those federal tyres ? What is their wet weather performance like ?.... They seem good value price-wise... When I was investigating alternative wheels a while ago I was quoted $180 each for Yokohamas in 185/55R14 size.

GTRHOLIC, the speedo may just marginally under report your speed (1-2%) so when it displays 100km/hr you would actually be going 102-103km/hr. According to my GPS Nav system my Super S on standard rims & tyres seems to over-report speed by about 2-3% (ie. 100km/hr on the speedo is actually 98km/hr).

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
if anyone can source some of thos federal SS595's that bosito had in qld let me know, i had great difficulty, qld supplier Neta Tyre said they don't have them, never had them and can't get them :(

bositio mention to me where he got his from Tim's Tyres Hume Hwy Campbellfield if that helps. i haven't followed them up yet due too finances,

Alex

Back