will these brakes fit?

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
I'm really lazy with this stuff so...

By friday I'll have my AD22vf front brake calipers from the wreckers;

A new set of front Vented RDA rotors for a 1.6ltr N15 SSS pulsar; and

The new brake pads to go onto them.

So far these parts match up right? I haven't bought the wrong rotors for the calipers?

Finally, the rims currently on the car are just a four set of King Sabeths (black). I tried the internet for the rims offset etc but I've failed. Does anyone know if these rims will fit over the new brake setup or will it all foul?..

EDIT: Sorry, title meant to be more explanatory.

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Can't help u much here on if the brakes will clear the rims...

However, to find out on the specs/offset etc of the rims, simply look at the inside of the rim. There should've some marking which tells u on the rim size x width and offset...

Hope these info helps mate... ;)

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
Well today I picked up my new brakes, 2moro I'll get the calipers.

These rotors are supposed to be the right ones for a 99 sss pulsar 1.6 ltr, so 2moro I'll get the AD22VF front calipers from the wreckers and then I'll find some washers and throw em on, I don't think there's a chance of these fitting on with the nissan 14" mags I have on my black work in progress micra... but I'll put them on to make sure they are the right discs.

also my wheels have these silver signs pressed onto them saying 5g 10g 5g...

thats the only markings on the wheel... dunno where to find the offset.

Attachments

• 75395.jpg
    75395.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 31

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
the wheel wieghts are put on when u hav a wheel balance done to balance imperfections in rims but mostly tyres, you can minimise this by having ur rims static balanced b4 your new tyres are fitted, this finds the heaviest side of ur rim, they can then fit the heaviest side of the tyre(marked by a yellow dot on new tyres that soon wears off) opposite to the heaviest side of ur rim

another thing to watch when brake caliper to rim clearence is tight is the wieghts are positioned where they wont catch the calipers and rip straight off

Back