Micra Vented Brakes

CMF_JoaoGTX

» CMF Member
Hello people, i have a micra 1.3 Gx from 1997 and i wanted to upgrade the front brakes to vented discs, i searched the forums and i learned that the sunny n14 AD18V front brakes are the right choice, but they are hard to find in portugal. So i searched the web and in the Budweg site i found that the n14 has two types of front calipers, the BCA2020 and the BCA1970, i know that the BCA1970 are the AD18V, but if i knew what are the diferences between them i could save a lot of trouble, because the ones refered as BCA2020 are very easy to find.
Could somebody please tell me what are the diference between them and if they both fit the micra. Thanks!

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
Since i've replaced my disks and calipers for the adv18's I have had no fade issues and have had the same pads for 3.5years!... (I used to replace pads every 6-8months) do a search on this brake upgrade or look in the articles tag above.....

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
oh, there is a heap of choice in pads for the n14 but seems to be only 1 choice of pads for the ad18v..... in Aus anyway. so go n14, easy to get and more pad/caliper choice. U will notice the pedal will have more travel in it, so if that freaks you out look at changing the master cylinder too.... but for me it feels more progressive rather that just feeling dead you can modulate braking more effectively.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
fred WROTE:

"oh, there is a heap of choice in pads for the n14 but seems to be only 1 choice of pads for the ad18v..... in Aus anyway. so go n14, easy to get and more pad/caliper choice. U will notice the pedal will have more travel in it, so if that freaks you out look at changing the master cylinder too.... but for me it feels more progressive rather that just feeling dead you can modulate braking more effectively.

Uhh what? N14's use both AD18V and AD22VF calipers. Usually people will refer to them as 1.6L or 2.0L when they ask you which N14 they're for but I don't know how good a gauge that is of what calipers they're going to go on to. There's plenty of choice in pads that will be able to be used on AD18V's. Personally I stick with Lucas pads - dusty as hell but I love them.

---dens

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
sorry dens, its just been my exprience.... everywhere I go I get the same response for the imported 2.0l pulsar.....(ad18v) the standard pair and the heavy duty one.... I guess I haven't asked the right questions....

CMF_nsm

» CMF Member
normally the n14 1.6 calipers and rotors will fit on these micras....dont know if anyone has tried the 2.0 litre calipers and rotors...i know they are a larger diameter rotor...

nick...

CMF_Will.I.Am

» CMF Member
Hello.

I have brakes from a Nissan 100NX/Almera/Sunny on my micra.

Upgraded with black dimond discs... works great

www.demon-tweeks.co.uk

Attachments

• 50729.jpg
    50729.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 33

CMF_JoaoGTX

» CMF Member
Thanks for the help people, i just installed the n14 calipers on my micra, they are just the same as the picture above, they work great, but i think i may have a problem.I always noticed that i had to do a little strength to the pedal for it to completly stop, and with the new calipers it seems to have gotten worse, i already changed the brake oil and the brakeline hoses but i think i may have a problem with the brake master cylinder on my micra. What do you think?

CMF_baguete

» CMF Member
JoaoGTX WROTE:

"Thanks for the help people, i just installed the n14 calipers on my micra, they are just the same as the picture above, they work great, but i think i may have a problem.I always noticed that i had to do a little strength to the pedal for it to completly stop, and with the new calipers it seems to have gotten worse, i already changed the brake oil and the brakeline hoses but i think i may have a problem with the brake master cylinder on my micra. What do you think?

Dont worry, thats normal, i have a similar "problem". I use N15 calipers and P10 2.0 GT brake master cylinder, i have to push it harder, but it stops real good.

João, join here: http://micraclubeportugal.com/forum/index.php

This is my project: http://micraclubeportugal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=468

Check the lastest updates. Abraço

Back