brakes stuck on, or clutch knakered?

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
tried to move my car today, dropped it in first as you do and getting the biting point (as you do) i felt the car juddering but wouldnt move. i gave it some high revs to try and get it to move, and it just juddered and juddered but no luck...i could smell the clutch buring, and had smoke coing from it!

its ither the calipers are sezied (more likley as the car never moves), or the clutch it kanckered? witch is unlikey!

just to stop me from worrying can anyone tell me witch one it is?

If the rear of the car was sitting down (as it does) while you were trying to get it to go (as you do) then its definately the brakes stopping the car (as they do).

hehe! :)

Nah, if it was sitting on the back wheels, its defo the brakes. You could prolly smell the clutch cos you were workin its knackers off! :p

:)

when i took the wheels off ages ago, the disc's wouldnt spin without force. and that was when i had the red wheels on sometime ago! so its had loads more rust build up etc since then!

lol yearh i had it upto 5 grand to try and get it to move :S

Definately the brakes then :) I have to rev mine real hard to get any movement with the handbrake on. As long as it moves even slightly, its not ur clutch :) Or gearbox for that matter! lol!

Try pushing it mate, should be easy to push out of gear,if it rolls then it will point to other problems

yes lol at first i had the handbrake on until its started juddering as my mums car was sat in front and didnt want to hit it...

then i took the handbrake off and revved the nuts off it and it didnt even twitch, bar the juddering...if it did move it probs wouldve wheel spun into my mums car.. thats if i wasnt quick engough on the brakes!

Back