Clutch Practically gone

Smc92

Ex. Club Member
I was driving up a steep hill and well a car was coming down so i had to stop. So when the car had past i got the biting point before letting handbrake off (due to the steepness of the hill) and well i had my foot to the floor and my foot was totally of the clutch and my car just wasnt going, then i could smell something burning as it started to move up the hill which i can only assume is my clutch because if i try setting off fast i just cant and its so hard to get it up the smallest of hills. Now i dont think my clutch has been right for a while now but its gone extremely lose and it could explain why my car still tries to stall even after i adjusted the idle control valve but i was just wondering whether there was anything i could do to temporarily fix it because i dont really have the money to be fitting a new clutch in it

Thanks guys any help is much appreciated

loosen the clutch cable cos as the clutch wears the biting point gets higher until the cable is constantly pulling more on the clutch lever therefore holding back the pressure plate and causing clutch to slip. its like accelerating while keeping ur foot on the clutch at biting point

loosen the clutch cable cos as the clutch wears the biting point gets higher until the cable is constantly pulling more on the clutch lever therefore holding back the pressure plate and causing clutch to slip. its like accelerating while keeping ur foot on the clutch at biting point

Yeah it is like that now you mention it, i just wasnt sure how to put it into words earlier. Is there any guides on here that you guys know off that could tell me how to do that? And thanks once again for the help

you should have a bit of slack in the cable (so that the thrust bearing is,nt contacting/running continously when the pedal is up)
i always set mine so that you can just about unhook the g/box end of the cable with a good pull (ie, if you need to slacken the adjusting nut to unhook it, then its too tight)

Could you tell me where abouts the clutch cable is and the easiest way to get to it please?

there,s an arm on the top of the g/box (under the battery) and a 10mm nut and thumbwheel on the end of the cable (to adjust the slack)

there,s an arm on the top of the g/box (under the battery) and a 10mm nut and thumbwheel on the end of the cable (to adjust the slack)

I have found the clutch cable but i can not tighten it at all, i dont understand what i need to be turning, i just unscrewed one of the nuts that i could with my hand and tried tugging but its in such an awkward position, how do i adjust the thumbwheel? its quite hard to try turn with my hand

Back