Brakes giving a judder on stopping?

Have noticed pass couple of weeks or so, when i brake they sort of judder sort of like emergency stopping(ie pumping them). Had wheels off checked discs and pads all ok, and in good nick not warped no fluid leaking etc.

Do your discs have any rust/clean spots on them?
If the car has been lying about for a while the discs rust apart from the part covered by the brake pad.

Do you feel the judder through the whole car? If the discs are juddering you will feel it worst through the pedal and steering.
If the drums are juddering you tend to feel it more through the seat/whole car.

Best thing to do is take it to your local (non fast fit) centre and ask them to put it on their brake roller tester. This will show up whats juddering.

From the symptoms you mentioned it sounds like the discs are juddering. Visually its hard to tell.

If you do need new discs and you want genuine Nissan ones, click my link below! (Y)

Cheers getawaycar, No they are fine near on new, same with the pads, its used everyday. Had one of the lads at work look at it on the ramp. Though it is the front where it seems to be happening, if there is no fast fix which i was hoping for. I'll bite the bullet and overhaul them.

Back