No brakes!!!

ok so iv sort of neglected my brakes due to the fact of me having no money and they started to grind slightly so i thought it would be ok to leave until the weekend if i took it steady on them as it was only a few days to go and then the grinding noise from the front left brake was unbearable it was as if it was constantly on. then all of a sudden as i was braking there was a bang and then the brakes jammed on and it was a struggle to move the car forward. the pad had somehow slipped out of the caliper and was wedged between that and the disc. then after that as i was moving to a safe place the pad fell out so i was just left with the caliper itself against the disc just wondering exactly what size tools do i need to change the pads and discs over as theyre now completely fudged lol...

any help much appreciated.

Socket set, thats it, or spanners.
wheel off, 2 bolts to remove caliper, and another 2 to remove caliper carrier then change disks and pads, then back together. Piece of ####!

same thing happened to a mate of mine, brakes slammed on when he was cornering and he went straight into a kerb

Yeah right. Those are the things that stop you.

Same with tyres. I don't like people who cheap out on tyres, or run them bald etc. 4 little patches of rubber keeping you on the road.

Back