Bought new CAR!!!

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
ok for those who dont know i bought me self a GTIR pulsar. i know it aint a micra but i like to think of it as the bigger brother of a micra. its a whole bundle of fun to drive and damn when ya put ya foot down it sucks down the juice very fast. but also takes of very nicely but anyway its a nice car ill post up some pics when i get home from work if i get a chance.
my plans for the car are:

*2 3/4 or 3 inch mandrel stainless exhaust. (have friend who can weld. and can get stainless cheap)
*front mount intercooler
*apexi or power fc
*raise boost to 10psi
*a few suspension mods
*high flow the turbo

it may take a long time to do but ill do it eventually

cisco

» CMF Member
Congrats Brendon, although I can see that "planned 10psi" moving up to somewhere closer to 15-20 once you get used to it heh.

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
i bought it for a very very good price off my brother.
he spent 5.5k on it bringin it up to scratch and now he dont want it he wanna be out of debt.
in past 6months things been replaced are:
clutch with heavy duty clutch.
new gearbox only done 10000km
all piping water and fuel lines
water pump.
cv joints.
bearings and pulleys been changed.
spark plugs and leads. new tyres. so hopefuly not much more can go wrong but it probably will. and yes GTIRs can become very expensive to own. but the passion for cars should keep me going i hope.
well maybe till im bankrupt anyway

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
FYI, standard boost on GTiR is 10psi. If you've only ever getting 6 or 7psi then there is something wrong with the factory solenoid wastegate bleed.
15psi is fine on the standard T28, internals, injectors etc.

CMF_Koguchi Power

» CMF Member
Hey Guys,

my 2cent worth

A SR20DET engine runs @ about 7-8 psi stock depending on how cold the weather... With the exhaust you probably want to look at a Twin Dump pipe as this is where most the power from a SR20DET comes from... also c if you can find a S15BB turbo 2nd hand and this will give you alot of power just bolting on the turbo and gie you heaps more response...I would probs steer away from bleed valves as they are cheap as nasty..the stock cooler is fairly large on a GTi-R so you should go

3"inch exhaust with Twin dump pipe if you can
Electronic Boost controller 1Bar of boost should b fine all day everyday with a SR
Serious Suspension work (coilovers are cheap these days)
S15T28BB turbo...

If you need any parts contact me as i bring in parts direct from Japan

D

CMF_Koguchi Power

» CMF Member
You will also find that your car will b fairly fast with these small mods aswell

Power FC should b a step you take alot further down the track as the Stock computer in SR20DET's cope nicely with mods

D

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah its weird. I couldn't seem to replicate the problem.

Hmm.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Uhh no you didn't... ... Cos its been kinda wrecked for a few months now.

Hey Brendo.. Can't believe you're ditching a track day for ya girlfriend!! And cisco!! Just as bad not coming because of "work"!!!

Bahaha sorry guys

Hey Brendo aren't they the fake concept 5's or am I going insane?

cisco

» CMF Member
Hahaha.

Well the track day is in like 1 week right?
My car right now is still in the garage up on stands until I get the clutch tomorrow and slam it back together..

But as I said, I have some more things to sort out like relocating the battery and stuff before I get up to the track. But I'm defo keen soon. Want to make a big impression first go you see haha.

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
i sold the bonnet scoop to a micra member on this site in sydney somewhere. cant remember who though. i wouldnt have a clue what those wheels are. ill have to have a look at the reciepts.
And yes Sean i ditchin you for me girlfriend. dont worry soon in maybe 2-3 months time. me and few mates are takin our cars up for a track day at wakefield. ill tell everyone when so anyone can turn up.

Back