My New Car

CMF_Dark Side

» CMF Member
Well I am not sure if I should post a pic but sitting in the garage is a 1994 Daweoo 1.5lt. Bought it for (cough, cough )$800. A genuine 130,000 kl one owner vehicle and inside /out in very good nick.Wifes transport until we go in 10weeks time.
No oil on the garage floor/ motor in good nick/everything works apart from the clock.Reckon I will sell it for around $1.5k when we leave.
State of the art technology for sure !! If I ever drive it I slip on a hat, dark sunglasses so no one can recognise me.
The steering is so dead, engine hammers away and accelerates like a snail on valium,the 4 wheel drum brakes are so responsive.Handles like a drunken cow.
Maybe after I bling it up a bit I will post a pic.
Okay guys now you can pay out on me big time.
Dave and his Daewoo !Time to go hunting Micras !!

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Bahaha. Driving ****boxes.. Heck driving so many other cars on the roads really makes you appreciate how good the K11 still is doesn't it. :)

I will have owned my micra for 2 years at the end of this year and really I've had the time of my life in it. I've driven a crapload of other higher powered sports cars and while alot of them were just bags of fun I really enjoy the micra.

Yeh we've had our hard spots but the only thing I regret is not buying one sooner! Its strange how so many people don't understand this.. I've given up explaining why I drive a Micra, tell them I'm not gay and that they wouldn't understand. haha god people must think I'm a wanker. Oh well. :)

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
haha i always had people ask me why i drove the micra.

i always said because its fun to rip people at the lights and have them ask me...wtf is that thing..

it was priceless.

in the s15..people dont even bother now..and i dont either...hoon laws suck.

smidge

» CMF Member
i just got 550k's out of a tank driving from the burbs to the city every day...

that and its a bag of fun to drive... its 100% non negotiable to stick some bigger, grippier tyres on the thing though, i really didn't start enjoying driving it until i changed them

took all of 4 days to do that though :p

Daewoo! arggh...

CMF_Dark Side

» CMF Member
Yeah I tell you what comparing the Daewoo to a Micra is like chalk and cheese. No wonder Daewoo went belly up.It reminds you of what you would buy in the early 1960s.
Learnt to drive in an Austin Lancer in 1963 and feels like I have gone back to that time.First time I gave the Lancer a few revs and popped the clutch, snapped a back axle.My mothers car so how did I explain that away?

CMF_Dark Side

» CMF Member
Good one Yom. Never though of that. No such thing in those days. We used to add methyl benzene to our leaded petrol.That could make a few flames out the exhaust but the old valves burnt out very quickly.
A couple of good sniffs then into the petrol tank and away you went!!

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
The only good thing about a Daewoo is that they make Hyundi look good.

Driving most of those Korean cars is like being in a jappy car from the early 70's.

An Austin 1800 would handle better and be more comfortable then your Daewoo.

Geez, Dave I could have sold you my Lada, let you have a quality car lol.

Mychael

CMF_Dark Side

» CMF Member
Yeah heard about the head gasket.This motor made by GMH in Aussie and exported to Daewoo ( says a lot).Same motor was in the Camira I think?

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Camira motor had a good design in that it was a "spin free" engine. In that if you had a valve train drive failure you would not prang the valves against the pistons.
I used to own a Camira and with proper care and feeding found it to be quite nippy, handled well and with respectable fuel economy.

Mychael

Back