boot install

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
hey guys been doing this for a few days now thought i might post some pics, had my first listen tonight and omg its amazing!!!
comments are appreciated
fiberglass mould of the spare wheel well

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
mould taken out

Attachments

• 42610.jpg
    42610.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 34

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
cut the front off the mould, and put a mdf cover there and foberglassed it on, so that it is easy to remove out of the boot as the false floor and the mould will be one piece

Attachments

• 42611.jpg
    42611.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 27

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
side shot to show you that its all one piece, compleatly sealed enclosure, still gotta test for leaks but i doubt it highly
comments??

Attachments

• 42621.jpg
    42621.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 30

smidge

» CMF Member
ten points for effort mate! its gonna be hit and miss as to how much its taking advantage of your subs power, unless you did the math to figure out exactly how may litres of air it runs well in?

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
well since last post i have put some kahfill on the enclosure and started the long painfull process of sanding :( still a long way to go alot more applications and sanding, i picked up some dacron to line the inside of the enclosure and thats about it, i ran all the wires to and got to have a listen to the new enclosure, it sounds so kool but it sounds like its gonna rattle the lil micra to bits lol jks.

Attachments

• 42823.jpg
    42823.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 42

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
welll got it 95% done today sanded my fingers down to the bone and got it nice, just a few little touch ups and then its ready to by upholstered or painted, but that will have to wait until i get money.
also started on the rear hatch pannel which is incorpirating down lights

Attachments

• 42920.jpg
    42920.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 31
Back