Boot install ideas needed

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
micrassilbootqg1.jpg

Wanted to add 6x9s with a stealth shelf but need the boot space.. well dont want to fix it in place as I need access to the boot. So cant have a sub.

Old K11 I had.. added some to the rear quaters (it was a 2 door)... but where can I put some speakers now?

Boxing 6x9s would take too much space... can I some how get say... some really good, loud, bassy (do they exist? is bassy a word?) ones fixed to the sides somehow??

I know - the sound stage is at the front.. just all this sound deading stuff seems expensive... though I intent to upgrade the front to DLS comps or Infinity.

Cheers guys.

and what dya guys reckon of those 6" bass modules u can slide under the seat? I was thinkin alpine but mate says it wont shake much and that the bass sounds like a cardboard box... paper noise... could just put one of them in the front.

Ahhh thanks Hugh - diamondgeeza...

Its between the Kenwood and the DLS now...

Other problems:

1. Modify the parcel shelf? Reinforce it?
2. Make a new one? Ply wood?

How do I make it?? Have a jigsaw etc. but want it to lift with the boot. I dont want something so heavy that I have to fix in place... might need a helping hand though no? Otherwise those rubber strings might snap?

How thick do I make it? I have a high brake light... so that part is ok... and how much should I space them out??

Finally where can I get some acoustic carpet from? None of the shops here have it.

Cheers

You'd want to make a new one........

However, is boot space a real priority?

As has been said, you could get an 8" or even 10" subwoofer, put it in a small sealed box, then bolt this box to the back of the seats. Then if you want to access the spare wheel, etc just move the seats forward....

Or is it really a no go? As for the price of some 6x9 subs, you could a sub plus box, along with an amp and a wiring kit.

Ok I had brought the Kenwoods but I had major problems with the shelf... I didnt want to fix it in place. There was too much vibration and bass was not as good as it could have been. So option 2 now is the 8" sub... would this really shake things up? Or kill the battery? I supposed Id only crank it mid way...

Please can someone recommend me an 8"sub and amp? Budget £150.

Thanks

Kicker: SOLOBARIC 8" L5 dual 4??

Dont go for the Kicker, not good value for money. Also, 8's normally work out more expensive, you'd be better going for a 10 (or even 12). JBL are a very good budget brand :)

Ive had a stealth box made by AutoAcoustic... it is due to arrive in late January as it has to be custom made... and is costing me £110. Should house a 12" with some boot to spare...

the other option was a stealth box on each side... for 2 x 6x9s but the boxes were 116 each!!! Eeek!

those 6x9's will distort from the air movement of the subs, if you realy want quality with that install, box the 6x9's off...

and yeah thats just gayness..lol

LOL at that Photoshop.

I've been told several times now if your having multiple subs, have them facing sideways towards each other instead of facing the boot. Something im considering doing with my Install for JAE 07 ;)

Hahaha @ photoshop...

Nopey Ant... sold those Kenwoods... going for subs only... say can Halfords get a hold of some fox 5 evos?? I want some for my micra.

and here comes the best bit...

I told the bro in law... and he knows ppl... and... NSJ Audio are going to do a full boot install for me as an early bday present... woot woot!

btw happy new year

yes we can get the whole ranges of wheels from OZ, Fox, wolfrace, BBS, Team dynamics, BK, Compomotive, Fondmetal etc etc etc.....

depends what tyres you want also. but we can get what you want.

LOL at that Photoshop.

I've been told several times now if your having multiple subs, have them facing sideways towards each other instead of facing the boot. Something im considering doing with my Install for JAE 07 ;)

No, both facing the boot or both facing up is best, with the port on the same face as the subwoofers (if you are going ported).

those 6x9's will distort from the air movement of the subs, if you realy want quality with that install, box the 6x9's off...
It would be better to get rid of them completely.

Oh, and burn them too.

Edit: Looking at the NSJ Audio website, check out the Micra install.

http://www.nsjaudio.co.uk/gallery/c...11&sessionid=c1315eff1e8b35b14a6915ca73fba66b

:laugh:

No, both facing the boot or both facing up is best, with the port on the same face as the subwoofers (if you are going ported).

It would be better to get rid of them completely.

Oh, and burn them too.

you realy dont like 6x9's do you?......

you dropped one on your foot at all???

Back