My boot install, lots of pics...

paddymarsden

Iggy Iggy oooooooooo
ok i was off for a week and ive allways wanted to do a boot install, Ok its in a corsa but i thought u guys n gals might wanna take a look anyway.

first i made some 3D designs so i knew what i wanted...

Bootinstall1.jpg

Subboxs.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Then i settled for this one
Finaldesign.jpg

Lets start building !
1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

11-1.jpg

12-1.jpg

13-1.jpg

14-1.jpg

15-1.jpg

18-1.jpg

19.jpg

16-1.jpg

IMGP2084-1.jpg

17-1.jpg

nice n cosy under the gazebo...
IMGP2069.jpg

Nice, looking good, will look loads better when got a material covering the wood!

sweet!!

im doin an install on my brothers mk2 will post a link in here from the golf site. i like what you done good install...

Not bad. What is the volume of the subwoofer box and what is the port tuned to??

Also, could you hide the wiring behind the amps, so its all out of the way? :)

very nice and good on you for doing it! looks hard work.

Personally but its just me i woulda gone for ur second design.

Also dont u have trouble on the right side of the smallest amp with wires cause its awfully close. And you need someway of hiding the wires fella.

Sorry if i weed on ur work mate as i said mint and respect for the effort cause ive done several and its a pain in the arse getting it exact and sealing custom sub boxes and making them to the right size but if it was mine id do the second but it aint mine so ill shut up :)

well guys, its not finished yet lol yea i know about the leads......they are going to be pinned back to the rear of the amps.... the sub is 300 watts RMS and the amp only kicks out 200 but soon to be upgraded....

andy - the second option was the one i liked....BUT it wouldnt hav fitted

silver micra - sure ill do you one if you like :)

ooh u got me thinking now.....think I'll be playing with Solidworks tomorrow at work!!!!

Looking good tho man - look forward 2 it finished once n 4 all!!!!

paddymarsden said:
well guys, its not finished yet lol yea i know about the leads......they are going to be pinned back to the rear of the amps.... the sub is 300 watts RMS and the amp only kicks out 200 but soon to be upgraded....

andy - the second option was the one i liked....BUT it wouldnt hav fitted

silver micra - sure ill do you one if you like :)

Thanks mate.....ill P.m you when i figure out what speakers,amps,subs im gettin :D Cheers Gaz

i have to say im pleasantly surprised, when i looked at the title i thought oh here we go again, xplod gear all thrown in but the worksmanship seems to be really good and the effort is second to none, i agree with the comments about the wires and make sure they all go seperatly down the car i.e. speakers down middle, live down left and rca down right or something to that effect or you will get interferance.

Rock on you, my opinion is that the parcel shelf speakers spoil it but grade A in my books, similar to the set up i had in my k11

looks great Paddy.

Just run the wires down the back of the amps to hide them.

Amp mounts are simple, but very effective, it's actually got me thinking of re-doing my install.

Kev

cheers guys :D

5ilver Micra was getting me to do designs for him last night lol ill post them up later.

on the subject of wires....the crossovers are mounted on the back of the build (between the wood and seats) the component wires run down the side of the car along with the signal cables.
One power cable and one remote cable are going to the boot which are then daisy chained to the amps...

There are three preouts on the stereo and an aux in for my iriver 20gb...my car looked like dixons when i was doing this.

Not read all the reply's, but Paddy, that better fit in a Micra, or i demand u to re-design it!! :p

Oh, and very good by the way!! ha ha :p

paddymarsden

5ilver Micra was getting me to do designs for him last night lol ill post them up later.

Yes i was and they looked mint :D when i get more money and time im gonna go with this one unless pad changes my mind again :p

Attachments

• Fli Install.jpg
    Fli Install.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 356
trust me you wont want fli stuff in your car...

after selling many hundreds of speakers amplifiers and subs from fli, and having 70% coming back not working, i simply wouldnt trust em...

just go for the Vibe stuff in the first place.

i mean the fli subs hav a cardboard tube connecting the voice coil to the speaker cone..!!!!

sorry...great install and very nice designs

i like that alot mate, :)

i hope you made sure that its transferable to your micra when you get it :p

i love the floating amp idea :) would look well cool with fiberglass molds to each amp "island" and then have lights on the back of them making them glow :D

NeX said:
i hope you made sure that its transferable to your micra when you get it :p

erm.....i think ill gloss over that idea haha, im eventually going to do more to it. or scrap and do more.

Paul....i have them ;)

thats a good program. i used a blunt pencil on a piece of scrap mdf and drew something a 5year old kid would scribble if they was bored.

5ilver Micra said:
Yes i was and they looked mint :D when i get more money and time im gonna go with this one unless pad changes my mind again :p

Get rid of the power cap, its not really needed.

trust me you wont want fli stuff in your car...

after selling many hundreds of speakers amplifiers and subs from fli, and having 70% coming back not working, i simply wouldnt trust em...

just go for the Vibe stuff in the first place.

i mean the fli subs hav a cardboard tube connecting the voice coil to the speaker cone..!!!!

sorry...great install and very nice designs

There are better and cheaper brands out there than Vibe. Oh and btw, most speakers use cardboard tubes for the voice coil arrangements.

Looking good though, I like that dual sub design :)

Love it mate, I'm really into my ICE as anyone that knows me will know.
Great to see someone do something a bit different. :grinning:

You know a fair bit about my install or about audio in general?
Because I relealise you know a fair bit about audio from the DIY guides you've written. Top notch BTW!

lol just tell us what your running?

Pete knows a fair bit about audio and we would like to know what system your running lol!

Kev

At the minute just a Kicker 10" XPL Sub with some uprated components and tweeters. :wow: Sounds Good but just a temporary lash up until I finish my new project. But this thread ain't about my install its about Paddys. Which once again I think looks ace! (Y)

looks very nice and professional that mate, am in the planning stage of a boot build for the K10, not using 3d imaging to plan it though... thats beyond me so a scrap of paper and a pen will do and need access for the spare too :laugh:

Back