new boot install

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
hey guys i started a new boot install today didnt like the other one! there will be 2 12 inch subs one either side and a pioneer amp in the middle all in one smooth fiberglass piece.
i made a mould of the sides today and thats about it and i also made my new fuse holder.
DSCF0265.jpg

DSCF0268.jpg

DSCF0272.jpg

DSCF0273.jpg

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
hey guys
pulled the moulds out today and trimmed them up, and smoothed my fuse holder, but the bonnet hits it so i will have to lower it a bit no biggy and i think i want to put a front part on so i probally will.
i would have got more work done today but i had a mass hangover and i cant do much with out materials :(
cheers guys!
this is what i wan it to look like but all of it about 1-2 inch higher so that its not sitting down below the boot line! and there is a amp in the middle but i havent got it yet

Attachments

• 44495.jpg
    44495.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 32

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
hey guys
got a bit of work done over the past few days,i went about taking up as much boot space as possible lol, my new amp arrived, i got the whole skelton done, and went to buy some material today so that i could start fiberglassing but its shut :( oh well,
enjoy!!
DSC01162.jpg

DSC01164.jpg

DSC01166.jpg

DSC01170.jpg

DSC01173.jpg

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
hey guys
got the enclousure fully glassed up today and some of it trimmed, im loving how it looks!!!!, now i can move onto making the seperate compartments!!! i put everything in location just to get an idea of how it looks , veryyyyy nice!!!!!!
i also got bored while i was waiting for the glass to dry so i made up some eyebrows for the lights.
cheers guys
DSC01191.jpg

DSC01192.jpg

just a random!!!
DSC01193.jpg

DSC01199.jpg

DSC01200.jpg

DSC01201.jpg

DSC01203.jpg

DSC01204.jpg

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
hey guys
got it sectioned off into the 3 sections today and started sealing them up with mdf. also made some trim rings to encorporate leds to light up the sub and also to cover the screws!
cheers guys!
DSC01208.jpg

DSC01216.jpg

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
got the last layer on the boot install today and got everything sealed up, now its onto sanding and making it all fit nice a smooth i.e. where it joins up! gotta move it i gotta have it done by anzac day!!!! lol gotta love deadlines!
DSC01233.jpg

DSC01235.jpg

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
hey guys
got bit done today, went and brought a killswitch, also made a new platform in the engine bay to hold the fuse holder and the killswitch didnt like the old one! sorry forgot to take a to with it all in place!, got it all wired up and gave it a whirl it all works!!! killswitch and all
got everything fittin nicely and got a layer of body filler on and that was as far as i got today! good ammount of work tho. oooooo i also fixed my shoes!! I RECKON I HAVE JUST SET A NEW TREND lol
DSC01239.jpg

DSC01241.jpg

DSC01247.jpg

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
nearly there!!!
got everything sanded filled and final sanded and now i dont have finger prints left lol, got a coat of primer on it!, sanded the primer and filled in any low spots!, tommrow i will have some colour on it. and then hopefuly put pit back togther ready for the show on sunday, but im travelling there on sat so it has to be done!! i also brought and installed some new battery terminals cuz the other one were ****!!!
cheers guys
DSC01251.jpg

DSC01253.jpg

DSC01254.jpg

DSC01255.jpg

DSC01256.jpg

DSC01258.jpg

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
hey guys
an update but not related to the car at all
sadly yesterday afternoon my dog was put down, he was run over, and they could fix him. he was my work partner, he always sat with me in the garage, kept me company, he was my best friend for many years, he was someone you could just lay with for hours and talk to and even know you knew he wouldnt gve you a reply he always looked intrigued and looked like he was listening.
he will be sadly missed, we had him since i was 3. i will miss you ralph!!!!
i want to dedicate all the work and the car to ralph
thanks marshall

Back