Boost Gauge Fitment ---------------

Ok for the Turbo Gurus and non turbo gurus with knowledge, from the Turbo Gauge where do i connect the piping for the turbo reading? i have an idea but want to double clarify!!

Cheers

J

Ok, this is probably gonna seem like a really noobish/stupid question but why is the boost gauge connected to a vacuum and not boost?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Got confused seeing vacuum pipe, I think what I really meant was why after the throttle butterfly and not off the boost pipe

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

J... no just no
If your T'ing on a boost pipe then get a proper alloy T piece for your boost pipes and clamp it in... no boost leak.
Boost gauge T'd into vac lines :)

vacuum log :)

vacuum_manifold.jpg

Here's mine I made from 'borrowed' air fittings from work

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374613810.387849.jpg

Brakes, BOV, fuel regulator, soon to be map sensor and boost gauge. Then the 4 sticking out go to manifold runners

Thanks pollyp, also h701micra, when you mean alloy T piece is there a picture of what you mean? also that link i sent, is that any good for the boost gauge? and what about the dump valve, where does that get connected? just want to be enlightened on exactly where i do connect these withou problems etc!

Are those John Guest fittings? looks real good!!!

Cheers

J

Make me one neil :D:rolleyes:

Franks one would be cheaper mate...........mine has about £50 off parts there lol

What I can sell you tho to bolt onto franks block for the boost gauge is a flow restrictor push fitting (top right on the silver block), most boost gauges come with a t-piece with it built it to stop erratic flickering off the needle, but this is better if you want it all neat on that manifold block

Item number 161069119573 is what your after :)... your dump valve will then join with a short piece of silicone tubing.
Boost gauge piping should come from your vac lines. T into those :)
That link is what you should avoid. Dont cut holes into silicone pipes it weakens the wall and is a potential failiure point

Franks one would be cheaper mate...........mine has about £50 off parts there lol

What I can sell you tho to bolt onto franks block for the boost gauge is a flow restrictor push fitting (top right on the silver block), most boost gauges come with a t-piece with it built it to stop erratic flickering off the needle, but this is better if you want it all neat on that manifold block
I'll pm you bud :)

Item number 161069119573 is what your after :)... your dump valve will then join with a short piece of silicone tubing.
Boost gauge piping should come from your vac lines. T into those :)
That link is what you should avoid. Dont cut holes into silicone pipes it weakens the wall and is a potential failiure point

h701micra, thanks for your reply back, ok i do have a baileys dump valve and a t piece for it! i also have the PSI gauge, on the manifold itself are the vacuum lines, so am i to connect both the dump valve and the turbo gauge to the manifold, also can i connect the dump valve and the gauge together, i.e. X2 T-Piece running on on line to the manifold? if that makes sence?

J

Back