AFR Gauge Fitment ------------

Hiya all, am planning to fit an AFR Gauge to my car and just recieved a boss for the lambda sensor to fit to and want to know roughly how close to the down pipe does it need to be welded!!! I.e. Can i have the boss welded near the lambda sensor that is currently on my exhaust?

Thanks

J

You know what frank, ive not bought any kit yet, just the boss to make all ready and prepared so all bolts on!! I want the gauge to give me the fuel reading, what do you recommend frank, nothing too expensive really!! Also couldnt i wire the gauge to my current lambda sensor??

J

i dont think the wideband ones are as rugged as the stock narrowband J, so further downstream i would say

Ok i read the thread, seems like the Narrowband would be best bet for me just to get an adequate air/fuel ratio whilst running a turbo, now my question is fir the narrowband, can i tap the wires from the gauge to my current O2 sensor to get the reading without causing any issues to the ecu or would i definetly would need a seperate O2 sensor to run the guage????

Cheers.. I think that maybe the final spoon full!! :)

J

Is it just showing the voltage from the narrow band? I.e. 0v to 0.6v ? But just showing the 0.x reading ?

A clever idea Frank, what colour is the signal wire ? 0.0v for v lean and 0.6v for v rich?

At that price i think i may add two to the rally car to monitor battery voltage and lamda.

Is it just showing the voltage from the narrow band? I.e. 0v to 0.6v ? But just showing the 0.x reading ?

A clever idea Frank, what colour is the signal wire ? 0.0v for v lean and 0.6v for v rich?

At that price i think i may add two to the rally car to monitor battery voltage and lamda.
it should be 0 to .9v tbh matt, so they,re not very accurate in the low area (it usually reads .7v @ wot/rich) that vid was when it was wired to my mot mani, which has both pre and post cat lambda sensors (was wired to the post cat one, so reacting slower than the stock setup)

P9230150.JPG

I'm not look for accuracy, just a warning gauge to know if the engine is running really lean (near 0.0v).
same here matt, i keep my eye on mine to check its closed looping ok, and for fault diagnosis
i would buy a wideband if i thought it would give a few years of trouble free service

Back