Almera Airfilterbox Fitment

Ok, i finally got hold of an Almera Airfilter box but the Carbon box is in the way, what mods do i have to do to alter the carbon box to clear the airfilter box?

Cheers

J

Ok, i finally got hold of an Almera Airfilter box but the Carbon box is in the way, what mods do i have to do to alter the carbon box to clear the airfilter box?

Cheers

J

I just unbolted it and let it-hang loose in the engine bay, its sits on top the of the gearbox. Had it like it for a year no problems at all.(Y)

lool, id rather bolt it somewhere steady Eliot.... i thought maybe the bracket needs to be modified, not sure the easiest way e.t.c.

J

If I new what to do with tubes I'd bin mine

When I fitted the last engine it idled funny, the a team managed to fix the problem which was one of the carbon tubes was fitted funny,??

Frank diagram please good sir :)

If I new what to do with tubes I'd bin mine

When I fitted the last engine it idled funny, the a team managed to fix the problem which was one of the carbon tubes was fitted funny,??

Frank diagram please good sir :)

:grinning:
there are 2 thin vacuum pipes to the inlet mani (1 for the fuelrail f/p/r, which you leave on, and 1 at the back below the t/b, which you blank off)
then there are 2 bigger vacuum pipes (1 for the brake servo, and 1 for the crankcase breather, you leave those on)
any other vacuum pipes are excess to requirements :grinning:

Hi frank, so what is the carbon box for, what purpose does it serve the engine and also by disconnecting it how would the engine run??

Cheers!!

J

Back