• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Blue Turbo turd

Right have been wanting to do a k11 cg13 turbo build for my classic mini.

Mine is just no way near getting a engine yet still bit of body work to go, then paint.

So i bought a blue turd k11. Full of dog hair and snails so must of been sat for quite a while.
£88 later the micra was home.
The turd had a 1L coil pack engine and this isnt what i wanted to turbo. So time to take the engine out was started about a month ago.

Engine has now been removed and a few parts removed. If anyone wants a coilpack 1L with 85k miles let me know.

1.3 was fitted with its box and engine loom.

Here is where the problems started :(.

Didn't realise that the whole car loom was different.
So down to local breakers for full loom front to back for £15. So the whole loom is not in and everything connected guess what i now have problems :(.

Ignition sometimes comes on and light on dash eliminate and sometimes the parking light just dimly flashes.
When the dash works correctly the engine will crank and the air bag light just flashes. From an old airbag to a new one is the unit in the wheel a different setting or something?

Lights kinda work but don`t. Side lights at the front work fine. At the rear all the lights come on including fog and reverse light. Dipped beam works fine on NS but on OS it goes dim. How do i know if i have Dim-Dip fitted?

When i have the rear lights disconnected the indicators work but when i have the rear light plugged in the indicators don`t work :(.

Starting to wish i hadn't bought the turd now :(.

Anyone able to help me out?

More to come.

Sounds like earthing problems to me.........(parts of the circuit getting earth returns through other parts and not directly as they should?)

I was guessing earth problem but do the lights have a switched earth to switched live when turning on and where do I find the Dim-Dip unit?
Where is the lighting stalk earth?

Lights have been sorted. for some reason the headlight had been wired up wrong by the previous owner.

Are the facelift and pre facelift air bag control units the same?
I have a 1.3 whole car loom in my car with just the airbag from drivers wheel. When I connect the centre of the wheel the light continues to flash. as if there is a problem.

What could this be?
Need an older style steering wheel with airbag?
Different AB control unit?
or something else?

After all the messing about with new airbags and such. bought a new unit and hey presto the light goes out.

Now just rewiring the door wiring to work as the connectors are differnt. but I cant find the central locking lock and unlock wires.

Electric windows now working quite happy. MOT is booked for monday.
Just need to change coolant only has water in atm.
Also coolant sensor isnt working correctly. Just need to check the ohms when hot and at 20c.

When my MOT is done will be making my turbo manifold :)

Back