Blue Monster Times

cisco

» CMF Member
Hi mate,

I don't have many proper times really unfortunately.

Only mucked around with a Gtech a couple of times in the past.

Did a 5.5 0-100kmh once..

But the car has changed a lot since.

Latest dyno results were 143.7kw@wheels@6500rpm with 2" exhaust tip on a hot day. I am going to get another one done soon once I have put a 2.5" tip back on, a colder day and probably rev it a bit higher up closer to the redline. Hoping to crack over 150kw@wheels. But see how we go.

I do plan do get the car timed properly and do some drag racing once its been proven to be nice and reliable for a while.

I don't want to drive to Sydney or Melbourne though and have to take a car trailer or call a tow truck if something snaps and I'm 3-7 hours away from home. That's no good.

They are building a drag strip in Canberra sometime they reckon in the next coupla years. That would suit me perfectly, and I would like to become a regular competitor hehe. If I snapped a gearbox again one day, I might consider getting some beefies cogs for it etc. But think about that one day if/when it happened. For now, I think the wider/stronger 31 series gearbox should be fine. The gearbox is hardly worn. So see how it goes.

Back