• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bolton_18

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
as my girl friend has named my car
i am aiming to end up spending 10 k on it
but it will be worth it
i have lots of plans all to be unveild to you all when i'm done or wile im doing it so far down pipe with manifold and new lights from japan . this fri im picking up an induction kit from gt88 (greig) which was made by mat. and a 4 channal amp and mabe a strut brace.

Attachments

• micra1.jpg
    micra1.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 399
  • DSC00443.JPG
    DSC00443.JPG
    238.1 KB · Views: 358
  • DSC00489.JPG
    DSC00489.JPG
    314.9 KB · Views: 358
I'd suggest a few cheap/free mods to enhance the look..

-remove the orange fro the headlights (There's a guide on here)
-debumpstrip it (There's a guide on here..)
-debadge it (There's a guide on here ;) )
-colour code the handles
-colour code the front grill
-tint the inside of the headlights (There's a guide on here)
-clear repeaters

All the above, cost maybe £25, mostly in paint.

Then lower it.

that will be a beast of a car :D good starting base too, but if it were me i would deface lift it lol, and i have a great range of bumpers for the pre facelift ;)

No offence dude but that manifold doesnt look half as good as the off-the-shelf janspeed one, or if you have a big budget you could get a stainless steel 4-2-1 made up.
I really like the look of your car though and it sounds like you have some good plans!
I personally prefer the orange bits in the headlights but maybe thats just me :p

10 GRAND, WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!

sorry mate but your planning to spend ten thousand pound on a micra, i know we all love micras but im sure the rest of you will agree with me that 10k is ridiculous and somewhat idiotic, why not buy a nice house in bulgaria!!!!

Oh, just noticed its a 5-door... no from me sorry.

ha ha oops, 3k on a 5door and planning to spend 10k on it,

oh oh oh i know,

spend a fraction of the 10k getting the back doors welded up hehe:laugh: :laugh:

have you realised that if your gunna spend 13k altogether on this car, itl be worth pennies over the ten years or so ule spend that amount on it

rant over:laugh:

No offence dude but that manifold doesnt look half as good as the off-the-shelf janspeed one, or if you have a big budget you could get a stainless steel 4-2-1 made up.
I really like the look of your car though and it sounds like you have some good plans!
I personally prefer the orange bits in the headlights but maybe thats just me :p

It's not the best quality photo but that actually looks like a Janspeed F1000 front pipe, which runs from the standard cat manifold flange back to the mid section. They were made that way due to regs restricting F1000 to running the standard exhaust manifold.

Be careful with regard to the heat wrapping. Wrapping will hold moisture and can lead to some serious corrosion, especially with all the salt we spread on our roads.

for starters i havent said wat im doin with a five door
im goinig to put golf lights on the front and with the five door some one said weld up i think not
im going to scuicide them with crome door handles
complete enginge rebuild and superchaged its roughly a 2 year project with other extras u not know of exept paul smith know everything im planning to do
i already have a 5 page spread reseaved in max power 4 when its done thanks to my body shop i go 2
all in all i love my car and wouldnt replace it and spent 9 months lookin 4 this specific model
rant over lol
tim out

are you going to ICE it out beyond belief and make her comfy?
or strip it and make it speedy?

would be nice to see some more custom boot builds...

can't wait to see the mods coming up on this one.

u doing it yourself or getting it done?

nice car though!

but i must admit i would have bought it in 3 doors instead.

do u know how hard it was to find this car yet allone a 3 door a gd ice will prob be the last thing done
i will be getting most of it done at demon styling all custom body work etc no body kits
i'm lookin to get the wald kit front bumper and hack it in half i will consult the body shop
tim

do u know how hard it was to find this car yet allone a 3 door a gd ice will prob be the last thing done
i will be getting most of it done at demon styling all custom body work etc no body kits
i'm lookin to get the wald kit front bumper and hack it in half i will consult the body shop
tim

tim

tim

tim

woops lol my bad silly pc

I don't think thats a silly amount to spend on a car.. He's already said it's a project, it's not going to have 10k thrown at it at once.

I could easily see myself spending that much on mine, and wouldn't regret it.

If you have the money to do it, why not!

Suicide rear doors should look damn cool too :)

agreed, 10k isn't too bad. there's a few people on here that's probably spent more than that i bet. i've heard a rumour of one k11 having in the excess of £30k spent on it, and no-ones even blinked an eyelid at that, because i don't think he's not mentioned the full amount. and he only gets positive comments.

swiper!! your joking right!!! i never knew that!!! wow.......

bolton_18
nice colur k11!!! with the rear lights!!! you will require a reverse and fog light for MOT! you mounting them into bumper?

spend what ever you want to spend! your choice, your wallet! good luck with the modifing!

their are lots of cheap ways to make a k11 look awesome!!! so hopefully ull do some of these: tinted headlights, de-bump stripping, colour coding! fog lights! mesh!!! list goes on. its also your chocie but their just some of my favourites

i got a place to get mot done with out revease lights etc.
gt88 that induction wont fit cuz me coil pack cabbles so im goin to have to go body shop so they can cut it so it will fit or superchage my car

Attachments

• DSC00548.JPG
    DSC00548.JPG
    258.7 KB · Views: 342
Teehee i went to look at that car when it was still for sale! :) They arent that rare though.

If your keeping the same engine and supercharging it then i say yes do it for the originality, gotta love the whine of a supercharger. Do you have any sort of budget for how much you expect things to cost? Just dont make it look silly, suicide rear doors yes but dont do chrome door handles plz! thats what you get on the tacky SE+!

Make it look a bit like Nis' and supercharge it! Then when you get the 'formula' just right for the engine mods you can tell us how you did it and i'll copy u :slm:

lol i'm not goining to copy nis cuz i.m makin it a one of a kind and the crome handles will look good because the rear handles will be moved so u can open them like a wardrobe type thing if u get wat i mean

13k pah lol. James's car was bought new, 10k. Stereo install, 5k. Bodykit, 5k. Turbo'd engine(s) 10k. That's 30k now and it aint even got the body finished or the engine back yet!!!! I reckon I've spent 15k on my 300zx and it's still fairly standard!!! He spent probably 8k on his S13 and that has still got a fairy stock engine and body!

On a side note I didn't realise they did the sport+ in 5 door.

Ivan

well i will see how far 10k takes me and then i will prob spend more

its only the hands be crome (and the front vent) the rest is black with some fades of some other colours

agreed, 10k isn't too bad. there's a few people on here that's probably spent more than that i bet. i've heard a rumour of one k11 having in the excess of £30k spent on it, and no-ones even blinked an eyelid at that, because i don't think he's not mentioned the full amount. and he only gets positive comments.

13k pah lol. James's car was bought new, 10k. Stereo install, 5k. Bodykit, 5k. Turbo'd engine(s) 10k. That's 30k now and it aint even got the body finished or the engine back yet!!!!
Ivan

god, i'm good ;). it's not just what you know, but who you know!!! oh, and what you know lol.

13k pah lol. James's car was bought new, 10k. Stereo install, 5k. Bodykit, 5k. Turbo'd engine(s) 10k. That's 30k now and it aint even got the body finished or the engine back yet!!!! I reckon I've spent 15k on my 300zx and it's still fairly standard!!! He spent probably 8k on his S13 and that has still got a fairy stock engine and body!

Ivan

5k on that install with two RF subwoofers....blooming 'ell, I'd have done it for 2.5k ;)

the only tool me farm dosnt have is a heat gun to remove the side bump strips i'm not happy lol
tim

Ivan

How on earth did the ice and bodykit come to 10k?!

10K is pretty small change to a lot of people I know who spend money on their cars. It can however go far if spent well, but learn from others mistakes (most dont bother) so the same mistakes are repeated over and over again.

Decide what you ULTIMATELY want at the start, and aim for that. Don't keep changing your mind or youll end up like loads of people who will never finish a project on here.

I decided wat I wanted before I bought the car. I have booked me car into the bodyshop for end of month to get a bulgde 4 my induction and bad boy the Bonnet till I get golf lights fitted.
tim out

one of the mounts for my exhast has bent so i think i hit something last night on way to felixstow so now it rattles so bad . i need an angle grinder to take off the mounts on my down pipe and but old mount back on exhast then rattling should and i said should go away it sounds so bad but needs doin . so that be for tomorrow when i get back from felixstowe

if anybody in the area that could lend me an angle grinder 4 five minits then let me fin work i be v grateful my number is 07706 528 523
tim

here is a pic of the bent mount causing a nightmare of noise rattling against the mount nut

offending peice of metal

Attachments

• DSC00573.JPG
    DSC00573.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 279
Back