• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

From Standard to Silly... Modifying a K11 from Shopping Car Spec!

Hello!

I am very new to the site and am collecting my Micra this weekend... Its completely standard and has a tiny mileage, the hardest its been driven is probably when my Mum (the previous owner) popped the car into the wrong gear on a roundabout by accident! In short, its the perfect base for some crazy mods!

I have just agreed to buy a set of 15" Almera GTI rims which should make it look less like a hippo running on ballbearings!!

Over the next week I will be fitting a strut brace and K&N (and in a few months time, a custom airbox...). Im going to be doing a full suspension upgrade in the spring, lowering and generally beefing it up. Pics will be coming once I have buffed and cleaned it!

I have been enjoying looking at the Micro and Maxi Micra projects, looks like there is quite a lot that can be done to these little cars!

Im aiming to leave the exterior pretty standard and do all my work under the skin of the car, its going to be a bit of a sleeper :)

So, collecting it this weekend, Wednesday afternoon will be when the Alloys go on, and then its the following weekend for filter and strut brace (if it arrives in time!).

Does anyone have any experience of fitting an off the shelf power boost valve? Are they any good and is fitting simple?

Back