Better Sound

GuyH08

Ex. Club Member
Hi, i want to make my micra have a bit of a better tone, i was thinking a new exhaust but then they tend to sound too loud and chavy, i dont want it to be too loud but i want it to sound better, any ideas?

cheers

Sound insulate the engine bay so people can't hear the 1.3 litres of raw power, then put a slightly bigger exhaust tip on it. Or do what I did, cut open your backbox and remove the packaging.

oh right cheers, does taking packaging out the back box make a big difference, and does it effect the performance?

cheers

You won't notice a performance increase but the sound will change. Just watch the packing cos it's fibreglass. Get an angle grinder and cut a small square out, pull all the crap out and weld a plate over it.

guy

there,s pics in my blog (and a pic of my mot emission printout, with the 2nd decat, primera t/b and injectors ;) )

ok cheers (Y)

do you know of any back boxes that will make it sound better without it sounding too loud ?

cheers

Hi, i want to make my micra have a bit of a better tone, i was thinking a new exhaust but then they tend to sound too loud and chavy, i dont want it to be too loud but i want it to sound better, any ideas?

cheers

or you could put a cone air filter that will give it a nice sound when you put your foot down.

Back