Best spark plugs

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Has anyone any info for the best suited spark plugs for a standard 1.3k11 ive just put new ones in from local motor shop ngk type and to be honest i think they are crap performance is down and you can notice it. In fact it ran better with the old champion set in....

imo, a spark plug is a spark plug.
if the gap is correct, and its sparking, how can it affect the perfomance :confused:

imo, a spark plug is a spark plug.
if the gap is correct, and its sparking, how can it affect the perfomance :confused:

Spark plug makes make a huuuuuuge difference in performance and running! I always put densos in my car but Ed's not to keen on them and normally recomends another make for the micras.

Just take them back and explain the situation, either a refund or swap for champions.

I've always used NGKs and find them fine, but I do make sure I gap them according to the Haynes Manual. I've got some cheap HT leads though causing me issues so just bought some much better quality ones!

I was using NGK but then I replaced them with Bosch Super 4's and the difference was amazing. People say they're a rip off but I definitely noticed a smoother idle and I had to back my timing off as well (less resistance)

Tried to get some Bosch Super 4s but place I get them from [get a discount] only stock NGKs. Getting HT leads next week so might look around for some bosch ones first and give them a try.

Got mine off ebay, 4 for £17. Got my Champion HT leads there too for £6. They are a lot better than the halforrds ones lol.

Bosch super 4s I don't like. Myself and others had lots of problems with these years ago. They appeared to internally breakdown and cause a missfire for no reason at all.

The issue about choosing a plug is to get the heat range right. For a stock K11 I would imagine a heat range (from the NGK scale) 6 or perhaps 7 is used. A race K11 may want 7 possibly an 8. However an 8 may be too cold under normal conditions. Either way my choice of plugs are more related to high power turbo applications where the weaknesses show up, not normal road cars where your just best sticking to the OEM recommendations.

so for a car that is used every day for "normal" driving [currently only about 15 mins total on weekdays but soon to have a round trip commute of about an hour and a half] but is also used for competition should use....?

At the moment I'm competing every other week [autotests] but after that it'll be once a month or so [car trials, sprinting etc] dependent on what the new job allows!

I dont drive normal its flat out when i can so temp allways high, the ngk plugs are not very good, in the high rev range the tend to mis so reason for post was to find a better plug, taken on board all thats said so will purchase some new ones of another make and see what happens

Quite strange how people choose plugs. I have lots of experience with cars producing easily 200-300bhp/litre and I wouldnt dream of anything other than NGKs.

i use champion EON plugs in mine,

i went from denso irriduim plugs, to ngk irridium, ngk coppercore, bosh super 4's (which are rubish) and the champion ones were the only plugs (and still are) that start every time, dont mis-fire, never have flat spots and just look brand new every time i take em out.

like i said i have tried every other plug on the market for the k11 CG13DE and the EON is the only one that works for me.

Back