Best micra to buy....

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
Was thinking today what is the best k10/k11/k12. Not just for one thing, best overall. Like for performance/parts/etc. Only asking as im thinking about getting a new car, well new to me, in a few months(gives me chance to save the pennies). Thinking about either buying a low mileage K10 or going to buy a K11 as K12's out of my price range. So im asking you, the micra people, what would be the best:

K10 model?? (apart from ST)
K11 model??

Ive always thought the super s models were the top, affordable ones but im unsure on this. Been looking at the K11 super s but then i saw a SR which appeared to be better than the super s.

So any help here would be appreciated:grinning:

K11, coz theres so much available for it. Theres nothing really available for the k10 and the k12 is a bit poo!!!

depends on what you'r looking for in the car really, people say there is'nt much for the k10 well i see that as a challenge rather than a downside. if you want somthing with more power tho the k11 every time, altho they dont look as good as the k10 and imo dont have as much character, i cant help but smile every time i drive the k10. not so much so with the k11 tho.

K10, engines are so damn good and when they go wrong they're easily repaired! I love the character of the K10s, especially a nice super S all in white! or with FOAH kit! Pure lush!!!

K11s have problems such as the dreaded throttle body, sills and crossmember rot! Also NATS can cause problems and is not the easiest thing to get round!
ALthough saying that, the engine is pretty damn bullet proof. How many problems do you hear on the K11 (minus the throt bod)

Oooh I dunno now, I love my K11 to bits, would love to own a K10 at some point! This is a hard question to answer, i'm fiddy/fiddy!!!

I wouldn't go as far as saying the K12s are "poo", they still have Nissan engines (unless you go for a dCi) and they are the only Micra in the UK to have a "hot" version released to the general public, and their look has grown on me recently.

And also, all 2000 onwards K11s also have Renault electrics in them so it's not just the K12!

Can't beat a 1.3 SR K11 though ;)

probably k11! k10 is a bit dated now, k11 have parts widely available and k12 is out of your reach..for now.

P.S. dont start the k12 is poo thread here please cos they're not. 35k from new here and not a glitch, not even a bulb has gone!

k12 has a renault engine i believe or its built by renault or something like that anyway RENAULT enough said ;)

hehe.....made me chuckle :laugh:

Right so basically avoid K12's (unless tse_adam sells his bullet proof one):p

So its either:

K10 1.2 Super S....got to admit that i do like my K10 so may stick, then strip current one for spares (as in strip it one day and store parts in the never ending shed up garden)

OR

K11 1.3 Super S or an SR.....hmmmmm. But they have problems, but dont all cars?? Lol.

Either way it will be white!! Lol. K10's and K11's in white (that are very very very clean), in my opinion, are LUSH!!

May just have to save up and see whats around nearer the time.

But still, would be nice to see what everyone else thinks!!

k12 has a renault engine i believe or its built by renault or something like that anyway RENAULT enough said ;)

some parts are..the car is nissan the engines are nissan apart from the derv's just look at the engine codes to see that
renault build quality is no poorer than nissans,jap cars are known for poor build so whats the problem?

k12 has he best powered engines best handling..if you can afford it get k12

The K12 is the lesser liked micra, it is slated more than it deserves to be! A lot of people just slate it to go with the flow. I think they are nice cars, and the 160SR is quality IMO!

I wouldn't go as far as saying the K12s are "poo", they still have Nissan engines (unless you go for a dCi) and they are the only Micra in the UK to have a "hot" version released to the general public, and their look has grown on me recently.

And also, all 2000 onwards K11s also have Renault electrics in them so it's not just the K12!

Can't beat a 1.3 SR K11 though ;)

dont understand why people say this. all my electrics say "Bosch" on them so unless renault own bosh then....

I think it's down to Renault using Bosch in their ignition systems, it certainly wasn't a Nissan initiative as they use their own Nissan ECU systems (instead of Bosch Motronix)

probably k11! k10 is a bit dated now

i dont agree, people are trying new things with the k10, take arnolds conversion for instance, speedle and fordy have prime examples of great modded k10's. also the ST is just a wonderful piece of machinery i no you said "apart from ST" but i just love those cars :p

Having driven all three, the K10 is the only one i've ever had fun, and felt like i'm really driving a car. There's no computers messing around with the engine, it's purely all mechanical, and there's no power steering so you really do feel the road. I know they're not the quickest things in the world but you get instant power when you put your foot down, and the amount of abuse they can take is unreal!

The lack of parts isn't really an issue, because it makes them all that more special when you've produced something which is rare. Imagine how boring they'd be if they were as common as Corsas etc.

They're also so much more reliable than the other two. The majority of the posts on the MSC are faults regarding the K11, such as Nats, resistor cards, throttle bodies, crossmember etc. You don't get any of this on the K10! I'm not shooting the K11 down though, when they work, the 1.3's power is rather enjoyable, along side the mod cons for a generally comfy ride. There's also some really nice examples out there!

The K12 is still an under rated car. Having driven one, it changed my opinion completely. The looks are a bit frog like but you get used to that, and was probably the most comfortable to drive out of the three. There's some really nice examples over in Japan, with a wide range of kits and after market parts to make them look surprisingly stunning.

The thing to remember is if your comparing like for like, the k10 is never going to win. It's older!.. but maybe you should be comparing the best models of each series..

K10 ST - K11 1.4 - K12 160SR

K10 for me without a doubt !! :) The ST is so unrecognised and well ahead of it's time, and Ed's proven what they're capable of!

for me its k12 all the way having drove a k10 k11 and now drive a k12 ,my k12 was just an E ive added a few things here and there , the k12 has so much character its like herbie or something iive done 30000 miles in mine and had a couple of problems but nothing to do with the engin,for a 1.0 it has amazing power ask jim bling!lol it also has massive modding abilities you just have to open your mind like the k10 but just look on ebay for nismo and impul parts!i chose my 1.0 micra k12 over a 1.6 vtr citroen c4 coupee i suppose it depends what you like at the end of the day

sr, super s or go facelift and get an si, or insperation 1.3. although not really any body kits for the facelift. obv the super s beeing older than the sr means some examples are bad i.e sills, cross member and vraious other bits, srs are the same as the super s bar the interior trim and slight other bits. and the si is the came with a 1.0 or 1.3 engine also is a completly diffrent looking car altogethere, also all had a rear wrap around soplier. bar the insperation.

I like all three models having had all three. And they all have their own good and bad points. But a K11 might the best at this point if a K12 is out your reach, although there is enough 3-4 yr old models out there that you may be able to find a cheap enough one. I've even considered selling mine recently but it needs a bit of work before I do so.

Depends on what your plans are for it once you've got it. I had a wonderful little 1.0 5dr GX K11, which was fab. I never did much to it as I only had it a year, just some alloys and a K&N 57i. And I've now got a 1.2 S K12 which is great too. Both pulled plenty for a small car. And those who have mucked about with us after bowling at Donny the last couple of years know my K12 does great for a completely standard engine.

Just go drive a few and you'll know then whats gonna suit you best.

Back