Which 2000/2001/2002 micra to buy?

Hi guys, Im looking to buy a 2000/2001/2002 (most recent oof old shape) micra for my girlfriend (and sometimes for me!), but not too sure which one to go for. She loves this model to bits!

It has to be 5 doors and manual, and at least a 1.3 engine (for me, and those occasional long distances ) And it has to be really nice.

I'm considering either 1.4 SE, 1.4 SE plus, 1.4 Activ, 1.4 Sport, 1.4 Sport plus, or 1.4s

First question: is there any real performance/drive difference between 1.3 and 1.4?

Second: is there any real performance/drive difference between any of the 1.4 range ? I'm under the understanding that Activ is the luxury range, and Sport is sporty, and sport is faster/better handling than Activ, even though they have same engines.

Third: some cars have front fog lights in the spaces in bumper (under main headlights). Are these on the car by default for any of the models?

Fourth, i really like the colouring interior of the Activs, but really like the standard alloys of the SE and SE plus. What should a man do?

Lastly, which one would you guys recommend?

Many thanks guys
C.

Well....
The fog lights on all cars are optional extras, but should come on the Sport models??
There is exterior difference between 2000 and 2001-2002 models, and i.m.o, the 2001-2002 model is nicer :)

The 2000 shape sometimes doesn't have electric mirrors, but a.f.a.i.k, all 2001-2002 models do :)

The 2001 model is the coilpack engine, which can be a bit tricky as the MAF sensor seems to go on these (don't know if it's the same as the 2000 model).

That's all from me really, just wait for the more experience people to come on lol.

I have a 2000 SE+ 1.4 with the Bosch throttlebody as I've just had the MAF problem, they changed the range in the middle of 2000 to the second facelift. Anyways carlos, the 1.4 is quite nice though I'd say it's not that much different from the 1.3 but it has a little bit more pull in it if you find a nice one. Fog lights only came with Sport and Sport+ editions, otherwise they were an extra. Same for the spoiler unfortunately. Mose SE+ have electric mirrors and extra chrome trim.

I would have gone the Sport route but the orange interior is awful imo! (Though I am trying to hunt out fogs without paying Nissan prices (£33 for a door handle nowadays!) I also don't see why the Sport would be any faster than the Activ unless it has a lot less weight. They all have the same 1.4 or 1.0 setup in them, the differences are the extras.

MopedMan, Shaun and Dave_Ally, thanks for your replies, cool. Wish I could get hold of the sport and sport + , but whew they are hard to find -probably why im thinking about the activ - the interior is similar, albeit more conservative colours, and there are lots of them.
I do love the bright orange, though - its crazy! Imagine people's faces when you give them a lift!
I think the SE/SE + is super too, but the interior doesnt have two colour theme (or if it does, it is dark grey/ light grey)
I also notice the Activs dont come with standard alloy wheels, which I'd like, though I'm a bit worried someone might nick them, because the alloys on SE+ are dropdead.
So I think I'll give it a month, check everyday. Order of preference: sport+, sport, SE+, SE, Activ, all 200-2002. Unless theres a tech reason not to choose any of these, you all agree I hope?
Also, what is this facelift? is this the slight differnet front from 2000-2002? Cheers guys.

Don't forget even if you do find one check out all the usual stuff - bodywork (sills etc.) and no chain rattle. Watch out for the throttle body on these last facelifts also, seems to be common that the MAFs go but I'm not having much luck getting mine sorted right now. :(

hi

i got a black 2001 micra sports + 1.4 for sale looks the part with red dash n steering wheel totally one off with japanese logos tax and tested :grinning:

11 months mot and 4 months tax this car turns heads where ever you go you will definatley attract attention so if you dont like the attention this is not the car for you. There are 3 owners on the car and alot of modifications have been done to the car. I have spent Loads of money and effort on this car HPI clear. 2 bad points are sum jealous tw*t sat on the passenger side wing n theres a small dent also passenger side window does not go down because the plug is disconnected but have not had time to plug it back in thats all. heres the link to the pics http://s987.photobucket.com/albums/ae359/Amareo/

15" black and chrome alloys ( all good tyres)
Lowered on proper lowering springs
Brake calipers and disks painted yellow
Rocker cover painted red
Custom chrome pipe with air filter
Blue engine piping
Struce brace
Custom black nismo pvc mudflaps (not cheap ones)
Bumpers, Door handles, Door sills colour coded professionally
Custom rover 220 gti spats
Grill colour coded
8000K hid conversion kit looks amazing and sooo bright
Working front fog lights
Smoked side indicators
Custom bonnet scoop
Nismo oil cap
Nismo badges
3D rainbow effect japanese logo ( looks amazing under light )
Black small japanese logo on rear of the car
White number plate bulbs and interior light
Custom led reverse light ( looks brill )
Imported rear mini style lights
Rear spoiler
Rear wiper removed
Custom dash
Silver gear knob
Aluminium pedals
Twin stainless steel back box fitted by MIJ performance ( not loud sounds just right )
Boot of the car has dynamat fitted also the custom MDF boot floor

The car looks the biz believe me

Car is very clean and tidy for its age not battered

Also a little pocket rocket it is fairly quick but the car has not been abused at all washed and polished regulary.:p

11 months mot and 4 months tax this car turns heads where ever you go you will definatley attract attention so if you dont like the attention this is not the car for you. There are 3 owners on the car and alot of modifications have been done to the car. I have spent Loads of money and effort on this car HPI clear. 2 bad points are sum jealous tw*t sat on the passenger side wing n theres a small dent also passenger side window does not go down because the plug is disconnected but have not had time to plug it back in thats all. heres the link to the pics http://s987.photobucket.com/albums/ae359/Amareo/

15" black and chrome alloys ( all good tyres)
Lowered on proper lowering springs
Brake calipers and disks painted yellow
Rocker cover painted red
Custom chrome pipe with air filter
Blue engine piping
Struce brace
Custom black nismo pvc mudflaps (not cheap ones)
Bumpers, Door handles, Door sills colour coded professionally
Custom rover 220 gti spats
Grill colour coded
8000K hid conversion kit looks amazing and sooo bright
Working front fog lights
Smoked side indicators
Custom bonnet scoop
Nismo oil cap
Nismo badges
3D rainbow effect japanese logo ( looks amazing under light )
Black small japanese logo on rear of the car
White number plate bulbs and interior light
Custom led reverse light ( looks brill )
Imported rear mini style lights
Rear spoiler
Rear wiper removed
Custom dash
Silver gear knob
Aluminium pedals
Twin stainless steel back box fitted by MIJ performance ( not loud sounds just right )
Boot of the car has dynamat fitted also the custom MDF boot floor

The car looks the biz believe me

Car is very clean and tidy for its age not battered

Also a little pocket rocket it is fairly quick but the car has not been abused at all washed and polished regulary.:p

sure this was on ebay last week and it sold

here is some i got..........................got photo's of:grinning:
nissan_micra_1992_hatchback_3d_1018b.jpg

MicraK11ziel.jpg

haha what a great fantastic micra! unfortunaltey, my girlfriend would not be happy if i brought that home! A real shame!
OK i think I will probably go for SE or Activ, dunno which. I like SE, but the interoir is grey and boring, and the activ has that two tone blue/grey thingy look I think. Unfortunately, Activ doesnt come with alloy wheels.
Would Alloys from an SE fit very easily on Activ?

Also, prefer 2000-2002 cos they are the newest with that shape. . Does anyone think that these years are ok? ie could it be that cars pre-2000 are technically more sound or reliable?

As ever, thanks chaps. Micras ftw.

Alloys will fit on an Activ if they're the same size yes! I'm not sure about reliability, I had a 98 Ally previously and it seems to have been more mechanically reliable (though it never had the Mikuni throttle body problem whilst I owned it), the 2000 onwards ones with the Bosch throttle body seem not much better since it's eating MAFs right now on mine.

Back