best for performance?

Optispart

Ex. Club Member
Now i was wondering which is best for performance
induction kit with cone filter or perfomance panel filter?
or perfomance panel filter with a bigger air box i.e almera?

cheers guys mark

I remember someone saying about a calculation you could do to find the optimum shape/size etc. induction kit for your car. Am i mad? :D

Doesn't the volume of the pipe need to be the same size as the engine, for example the pipe for a 1 litre car needs to hold one litre of air

mark

i found that a pipe and cone filter gave mine a big flat-spot in the midrange :)

you can get around this by unplugging your lambda sensor, although your fuel consumption will go up and you will get a popping from your exhaust.....:grinning: mines been like this for about 11,000 miles...:wasntme:

you can get around this by unplugging your lambda sensor, although your fuel consumption will go up and you will get a popping from your exhaust.....:grinning: mines been like this for about 11,000 miles...:wasntme:

Popping eh? sounds interesting :D

Is that any good for your cat though?

Havent come across any induction kits that specify volume of air like (or the theory that the volume of your induction kit should match your displacement).

Only bonus of a cone filter is the sound really, which is good (Y)

this has been covered before and i think the conclution was that a performance panel filter and a cold air feed going to the air box was best.

Back