best engine?

Right, im new to the forum, not here for the car its self (dont shoot me down)
Basically, ive got a mini and want to do a engine conversion and im pretty set on a micra engine as its small and compact (the older shape obvs pre 2000ish).
just wondering whihc engine is best for most power and what are the best mods etc to do to the engine?
any info please
thanks

/\ what he said....lol :p
trinimini (from trinidad and tobago) has done a few of these conversions and they go like rockets!!

I'd go for the 82bhp 1.4 engine, quite a bit more power than a standard mini 1000, but the BL/Austin 1300 with a bit of tuning work would be a lot easier lol.

I'd go for the 82bhp 1.4 engine, quite a bit more power than a standard mini 1000, but the BL/Austin 1300 with a bit of tuning work would be a lot easier lol.

its cost with a aseris and a more modern engine will give a quieter and nice drive, hopefully anyways ahaa

relatively the same process as there the same sizes to look at etc and as frank side the 1.3 with the 1.0 gearbox FTW im running that set up at the mo and would go like stink on a mini...

check out some blogs on here mate and pm some people... look at a thread called joining the band waggon also.... alot of turbo action going on around here lately which would help you out!

your main concern is fitting it all into an ice cream container

Why not go A-Series 1380 fuel injection and turbo'd, with the 5-speed box? No mods needed to mate it to the subframe or to connect the gear linkage. If you search on youtube there's a nutter who put a 6L pontiac V8 in a mini, squeezed under a flip-front. You could try that if you really want to #### your pants.

why the 1.0 g/box :S?
and thanks for the advice, seems like a nice forum over here (Y)
and ill make it fit dont worry fwn

i think bigchief said the larger RS5F30 1.3/f/l 1.0 wont fit into the mini subframe :eek: and the smaller RS5F41 g/box is a direct fit on the CG13 if you use the pre-f/l 1.0 fly and clutch

Back