engine flushing?

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
you no these "cleaners" that ya put in when you put in petrol i.e redex? what do they do and which is best product? i want to clean the engine the best i can, im changing oils, waters n doing a service this week n mot'in it this week (i hope) also what is "head skimming" and does it make a diffrence? ta!

Dont use redex in the k11 engine. The injectors dont like it and the ECU doesnt really know whats going on.

Drive it till its almost empty, change your fuel filter and stick a fiver of Optimax in it and take it a good blast, that will clean it out.
Redex burns hotter so it burns off carbons and crap - the same as optimax!

Daz :alien:

The best products on the market for flushing the engine oil and adding things like injector cleaners etc to your fuel, is a product by a company called FORTE. Their website address is www.forteuk.co.uk their products are approved by many manufacturers and we have been use them for 15 years or more and they do work. The engine flush they produce is added to the engine before you drain the old oil. Run the engine for 15 to 20 minutes at 2000 rpm then drian the oil and change the filter as normal. You may have notice that the drian plug is not directly and the bottom of the sump which means a very small amount of the old oil is left in the bottom of the sump. If you jack the front of the car as high as possible this will help to get that last bit of old oil out. You should always replace the sump washer and be carefull to to over tighten the sump plug and split the washer. It's easliy done.
Forte do a product called gas treatment and this helps top clean injectors as well as other things. You can add a small amount of this product to a new fuel filter it a neat state and then fit the fuel filter. The remaining fluid just goes into the fuel tank.

my mate has had that done, couldnt think of it, but he said "its been forte flushed" im gonna look into it for this week be fore oil change n that!

There is no gain ever IMO to a modern car using fuel or especially oil treatments. Moden fuels are very clean. As are moden oils when changed as and when they should be...

Back