Please Help!

CMF_jay.w

» CMF Member
Hey guys im in abit of trouble here i just bought a super s and just found out the gear box bearing is going in it :/ does anyone know if an lx box ratio would be the same as the super s and is it hard to install a new one in it....?

also the brake master cylinder is on its way out has someone got one sitting around i could buy?

im on limited money your input on my situation would be realy apreciated.

thanks guys.

CMF_jay.w

» CMF Member
Mimz WROTE:

"jay.w WROTE:

"hey danvillan whats the difference between those gearboxs"</div>

Nothing same gearbox. As for factory LSD gearbox,they are extremely rare dont bother looking for one.

so i would be better to get mine fixed yea? im not sure how much a bearing kit costs but the mech said laybour wouldnt be much?

CMF_jay.w

» CMF Member
the mech i deal with is a family mech and hes happy to do the brake side but not the gearbox :/... im only 18 so i dont know anyone and its my first car the mech said its fine atm but it will need fixing and i have roadworthy in 3 months so needs to be done

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
i can do the gearbox, its simple ****, if your "family mechanic" doesnt want to do it thats is bull****, its so simple, you will lose your car for 2-3 days! I did mine, if its noisey when the car is moving its just the input shaft bearing not the hardest thing to do, bearing will set up back like $20

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
jay.w WROTE:

"would you help me out RTK what would be involved

Remove the gearbox, pull all the gears out to get to the input shaft bearing, press it off, press the new one on, put all the gears back in, reseal gearbox and bobs your uncle :) I will have to look into pics I have when I pulled it apart, and the bearing you need, ex Japan is 6weeks, but a local bearing shop keep them in stock :) I am happy of your family mechanic pulls it out and puts it back it, and I just come to his work shop and do the bearing

CMF_Grev

» CMF Member
RTK WROTE:
Remove the gearbox, pull all the gears out to get to the input shaft bearing, press it off, press the new one on, put all the gears back in, reseal gearbox and bobs your uncle :) I will have to look into pics I have when I pulled it apart, and the bearing you need, ex Japan is 6weeks, but a local bearing shop keep them in stock :) I am happy of your family mechanic pulls it out and puts it back it, and I just come to his work shop and do the bearing
Doesn't sound easy to me!! And it's been a while since I've been here.

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Grev WROTE:

"RTK WROTE:

Remove the gearbox, pull all the gears out to get to the input shaft bearing, press it off, press the new one on, put all the gears back in, reseal gearbox and bobs your uncle :) I will have to look into pics I have when I pulled it apart, and the bearing you need, ex Japan is 6weeks, but a local bearing shop keep them in stock :) I am happy of your family mechanic pulls it out and puts it back it, and I just come to his work shop and do the bearing"</div>

Doesn't sound easy to me!! And it's been a while since I've been here.

Haha easy when your a mechanic and done it before ;)

CMF_Grandmabongo

» CMF Member
It is easy to pull of the gear box out and put it back together. I just did it for the first time last month. Just buy any k 11 box and just replace the broken one. I have no idear to rebuild gear boxes so just bought a replacement and replaced it.

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Grandmabongo WROTE:

"It is easy to pull of the gear box out and put it back together. I just did it for the first time last month. Just buy any k 11 box and just replace the broken one. I have no idear to rebuild gear boxes so just bought a replacement and replaced it.

Why go through that hassle when you might buy a bugger box? I see it as a learning curve to pull **** apart, see how it works and then put it back together again

CMF_Grandmabongo

» CMF Member
RTK WROTE:

"Grandmabongo WROTE:

"It is easy to pull of the gear box out and put it back together. I just did it for the first time last month. Just buy any k 11 box and just replace the broken one. I have no idear to rebuild gear boxes so just bought a replacement and replaced it."</div>

Why go through that hassle when you might buy a bugger box? I see it as a learning curve to pull **** apart, see how it works and then put it back together again

I bought the box off a member on this site and it was fine. Yes I agree with the learning curve but it takes a lot of time if you never done it befor.

CMF_jay.w

» CMF Member
RTK the mech said he carnt let you go in the work shop for public 'liability' would you be able to do the job with my assistance and little money i could offer you to help me...

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
jay.w WROTE:

"RTK the mech said he carnt let you go in the work shop for public 'liability' would you be able to do the job with my assistance and little money i could offer you to help me...

Do you have the correct tools at home? Air comp, rattle gun, etc? Cause I could at yours if you have the tools? And if you want to help, you can it's a pretty simple job

Back