BBA-reman :(

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
hi everyone bit of a bad thread really as some of you may remember back in march i had the dreaded ps light/ steering faliure on my k12 had a column sent from BBA reman to my local nissan garage and had them fit for me other than a small issue with the immobiliser light but other than that worked fine

now this morning i got a letter from BBA reman saying that the old column is not showing up as being returned on there records and landing me with a £172.50 bill that they are planning to take within 7 days
now the letter was even sent second class !

i have sent them a e-mail asking them to delay taking the money whilst i investigate
i will go and ask the nissan on tuesday if the have any proof of posting it back as i doubt weather they have not returned it as it was there idea to get an exchange unit to save money

just thought i`d let you guys know and any advice is welcome that might help me

When car parts companies ask for parts to be returned in part exchange for new parts they usually have a clause written in stating the parts have to be servicable.
For example, they may accept an alternator back because the brushes have worn but they won't accept one back with a cracked casing. Basically the parts you give them back have to be in a condition where they can rebuild them.

Its possible your Nissan dealer damaged the part when removing it meaning it can't be rebuilt, in which case the dealer would be liable. I'd clarify with BBA whether the part has been returned damaged or whether it hasn't turned up at all. We have had problems in the past sending stuff back to BBA where items have only turned up mysteriously after we found the proof of postage! (Ask them about the guy from Scotland with the Merc A class ECU and 2 Mitsy Carisma throttle bodies! Gits!)

If the dealer has proof of postage your only option will be to claim it back from Royal mail.

When car parts companies ask for parts to be returned in part exchange for new parts they usually have a clause written in stating the parts have to be servicable.
For example, they may accept an alternator back because the brushes have worn but they won't accept one back with a cracked casing. Basically the parts you give them back have to be in a condition where they can rebuild them.

Its possible your Nissan dealer damaged the part when removing it meaning it can't be rebuilt, in which case the dealer would be liable. I'd clarify with BBA whether the part has been returned damaged or whether it hasn't turned up at all. We have had problems in the past sending stuff back to BBA where items have only turned up mysteriously after we found the proof of postage! (Ask them about the guy from Scotland with the Merc A class ECU and 2 Mitsy Carisma throttle bodies! Gits!)

If the dealer has proof of postage your only option will be to claim it back from Royal mail.

thanks for that it could be a case of them trying to pull a fast one then?

i will upload the full wording of the letter tomorrow after i`ve been to work i think they are trying to claim that the item has never been returned
hopefully it will be quick to get it sorted as i was planning to get the car ready for selling this next week however i don`t want to with this hanging over it

mckenzie in an ideal world they would yeah but nissan garages have to fit new nissan parts however if you supply the parts then they can fit them
so i had payed for the column but had it shipped direct to the garage as such i have no paperwork to do with the transaction other than a couple of e-mails
However the garage had instructions from me that it was to be returned and their should have been on the invoice from them and a covering letter in with the parcel stating that the old unit needed returning so i doubt they would have made the mistake i just hope they kept a tracking number on record somewhere

The worst one was the A class ECU. We phoned, phoned again, for about 3 weeks. When I eventually found the proof of postage (jammed in my cars ashtray with petrol receipts etc.) I traced it on Royal mails website, you can see the signature if you click the link.
So I phoned them back. Amazingly, that morning the guy in the unit next door to had found a package and my ECU was in it!

I told this story who works in a large car dealership and they said they had the same problem a few times with BBA too.

Back