Basic tuning

K

kjharry

What do you guys recomend for me to get a bit more poke out of my 1.3 with cvt?,bolt-on stuff rather than engine stripping and rebuilding,stuff like filters etc.Also can the cvt be remapped or anything else to improve it?Thanks.

CVT - that the automatic?

Can get a K&N panel filter for performance or the cone for Noise, and maybe even a Power boost valve for extra power :)

Hello again, as titch said the usual k&n or induction kit can make a difference same as decent exhaust system.
on the subject of re-mapping the CVT i did here somewhere, i think on micraholics, that the CVT had its own seperate ECU and therefore i would guess it can be re-mapped but i wouldnt quote me on that. other than that i wouldnt be able to tell you

gfg

Power boost valves are a waste of time mate, trust me save the 60 quid. Dont bother kid sell it and get a manual 1.3, all the arsing about though its easier to drop in a GA 16 DE from a P10 Prim, they rev lovely and drop pretty much straight in.

gartracs2 said:
Power boost valves are a waste of time mate, trust me save the 60 quid.

Wouldn't agree with that. They make a big diffrence to my car and i know a few others that have them and say they are good.

gartracs2 said:
Power boost valves are a waste of time mate, trust me save the 60 quid. Dont bother kid sell it and get a manual 1.3, all the arsing about though its easier to drop in a GA 16 DE from a P10 Prim, they rev lovely and drop pretty much straight in.

they arnt that easy to do, if your doing any conversion on your own its hard work all the way,even if you do know wot your doing

Rik...

i will second that... Primera lump swap is by NO MEANS a 'pretty much' straight swap!! lol

Will admit that its very rev happy and a hoot to drive tho lol

JK

Back