basic k11 1.0 tunning.

adamsricky

Club Member (Trial)
hi all i have a standard 1.0 facelift model k11 and am looking at doing some experimenting with basic engine tunning without breaking the bank. now i am a engineer so not scared of getting my hands dirty or dragging myself around scrap yards for parts. i am looking at starting with maybe some new jets, throttle boddie, pistons, cams and air box but not sure what parts to use. also any thing else that may improve power if people could give me some suggestions and what about ecu remapping if i do the above will i need it remapped or can i get away with leaving it alone for now.
Cheers guys
oh and does any one have some 14'' alloys for cheap ifso send me some pics and a price

i have heard ecu remap would be one of the best things you could do anyhow... good luck would like to see some progress on this! (Y)

grab some 1.3 cams from the scrappers.

if your really into engine mods, get the 1.3 crank and con rods to, and fit them you your 1 liter engine

if your going cheap cheap, get some bike carbs, fabricate a manifold and ditch the injection, but it would be worth having the ecu mapped prpperly when you have all your mods done.

grab some 1.3 cams from the scrappers.

if your really into engine mods, get the 1.3 crank and con rods to, and fit them you your 1 liter engine

if your going cheap cheap, get some bike carbs, fabricate a manifold and ditch the injection, but it would be worth having the ecu mapped prpperly when you have all your mods done.

what do you think i should be paying for those sort of parts at the scrappy?

around £20 for cams, doube they will let you split an engine for the crank etc they might make you buy the block, around £40, i know the inlet and exhausts are the same fitting, as is the dizzy, i would have thought the altenator and pas pump will so i guess yea they are interchangable.

Sorry if im stealing a thread here.

I am looking at turning my micra into a toy as I have a daily driver so I was going to strip it just leaving a couple of buckets and the dash.

Ive priced all seats and stuff but nopt sure on the engine.

With a budget of maybe £500 what could I do to get some oomph out of a standard 1.0l S trim (59bhp)

Id maybe look at a more wild cam than usual. what sort of prices can i be looking at and would i need to remap?

get the 1.3 and swap it mate, theres far more gains to be had and its a simple job!!! straight swap. :D

think your probably right mate i just priced one up at a ton would you have any pointers for me and things to look out for while doing it. what about the ecu keep the one i have get one from the 1.3 or what shall i do also whats the best jets to run on these.
how much power does the 1.3 deliver

Sorry if im stealing a thread here.

I am looking at turning my micra into a toy as I have a daily driver so I was going to strip it just leaving a couple of buckets and the dash.

Ive priced all seats and stuff but nopt sure on the engine.

With a budget of maybe £500 what could I do to get some oomph out of a standard 1.0l S trim (59bhp)

Id maybe look at a more wild cam than usual. what sort of prices can i be looking at and would i need to remap?

there,s loads of info about different cams in my blog, and you could easily get 75hp from a 1.0 for £200 (thats at high rpm tho) :)

so would mine shaun lol, but my old modded 1.0 engine did,nt wake up till about 5k and was still pulling strongly at 8k+

you know the micra still astounds me being it 17 years old and still starts runs first time even though it has never been looked after they take so much abuse!
happy micra days for everyone and good luck with the modding adamsricky! (Y)

think your probably right mate i just priced one up at a ton would you have any pointers for me and things to look out for while doing it. what about the ecu keep the one i have get one from the 1.3 or what shall i do also whats the best jets to run on these.
how much power does the 1.3 deliver

yeh a ton is about right for the 1.3, it comes about 75brake standard, but you can soon push that up.
Well on my 1.3 im building ill be using the primera / almera 1.6s bits.
The 1.6 ecu, throttle body and the injecters. all easily swapped without much bodging needed. :D

also look at a better manifold / exaust system, the majority of folk run janspeeds on here.
you can run the 1.0 gearbox on the 1.3 if your wanting.
any other questions theres plenty of folk on here that can help.

i'd personally recommend upgrading to 1.3 if possible so that you get the most from any other upgrades, followed by a janspeed manifold (keep the standard one for MOT)

ecu remapping is usually the very last step you do

Ed is down Surrey and does remaps for £320 where he'd install a nistune daughterboard to the ecu circuitry then tunes the parameters to your liking, preferably on a dyno which is a further £75/hr

he can now do ecu's with NATS like mine

although yes a 1.3 sounds nice im still thinking it needs to be bigger i mean what sort of 0-60 times will i be looking up on that sort of set up and top speeds. what about a 1.6 will they just drop in think that might be more exciting.

although yes a 1.3 sounds nice im still thinking it needs to be bigger i mean what sort of 0-60 times will i be looking up on that sort of set up and top speeds. what about a 1.6 will they just drop in think that might be more exciting.

the 1.6 has about 110bhp at best. it weighs more than the moon and isnt a straight forward fit.
the 1.3 with janspeed manifold, decat and sports cat back, decent panel filter and an ecu remap will be around the 90-100bhp mark. with better handling, better fuel consumption, faster acceleration, cheaper tax, cheaper insurance...etc etc.

not realy worth it.

the 1.6 has about 110bhp at best. it weighs more than the moon and isnt a straight forward fit.
the 1.3 with janspeed manifold, decat and sports cat back, decent panel filter and an ecu remap will be around the 90-100bhp mark. with better handling, better fuel consumption, faster acceleration, cheaper tax, cheaper insurance...etc etc.

not realy worth it.

i see think its a 1.3 job then cheers buddy

oh fair enough its not the end of the world.

is that £70 the difference, for a standard 1.3 of a 1 liter with a 1.3 fitted, as there has always been a difference when ive got insurance quotes. just a thought.

is that £70 the difference, for a standard 1.3 of a 1 liter with a 1.3 fitted, as there has always been a difference when ive got insurance quotes. just a thought.

thats supposing any insurance company will even touch a sub 21 yr old driver with a converted 1.0 eh fwn

that was the qoute churchill (current insurer) gave me for the moddifcation(Y)

Back