1.0 to 1.4 automatic - conversion

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
So Ive dropped the idea of the 2.0l auto for now... and would rather a 1.4 but it is so hard sourcing an engine... I was looking out of interest at some 1.4 K11 autos on the net... and most of them claim to have a mileage of around 17k (which is grand) and prices are from 4-5k for a 2002 face lift.

How much should I be looking to pay for a 1.4 engine if I can find one?

What else would I need? I am guessing a 1.4 ecu?

Would it be a straight swap?? Do I have to change gearbox too (its a 1.0 at the mo)... and flywheel etc?

Thanks

:devil:

So Ive dropped the idea of the 2.0l auto for now... and would rather a 1.4 but it is so hard sourcing an engine... I was looking out of interest at some 1.4 K11 autos on the net... and most of them claim to have a mileage of around 17k (which is grand) and prices are from 4-5k for a 2002 face lift.

How much should I be looking to pay for a 1.4 engine if I can find one?

What else would I need? I am guessing a 1.4 ecu?

Would it be a straight swap?? Do I have to change gearbox too (its a 1.0 at the mo)... and flywheel etc?

Thanks

:devil:

i have two 1.4 engines but unfortunaly they are not for sale (i have plans for them :devil:) but i paid £150 for one (i think) and £50 for the other, they are both from autos and both are under 30k, all in good condition except the £50 one has a cracked cam cover...

the £50 one came from Ebay and the other came from Matt humphries you could talk to him...

Matt humphries?? MSC member??

What else would I need to take into consideration then? Sounds like I could get it all done for under 1k?!

Cheers

Back