barrel problems

hi guys, i have a 1.0 s with around 92k miles that i bought at 89k a few months ago. when i bought it it ran great with a first time start every time but weeks after i bought it it started getting temperamental when i started it.

what happens is that when i turn the key the engine starts fine and fires into life but when i release it there's a 50/50 chance it will turn off again along with all my dashboard lights, my radio and a very suspicious audible click. this leads me to believe that there's some switch behind the key that's either very worn or just broken although i don't feel qualified to make such a diagnosis. to combat it i would hold the key in place and rev the engine to give me time to play with the key until it would make the click switch noise again and stay on. I've had plans to get around to fixing it but moneys been tight lately

recently the problem worsened. I've been driving along fine and as soon as i hit a pothole the engine would cut out and i would lose all power steering dash lights and radio until the key hits the sweet spot again which is clearly very dangerous so this payday i promised myself its got to be fixed.

any suggestions where to start with this guys?

there are a few threads on the ignition switch william, a google on "micra.org ignition switch" brings a few up

Back