backyard micra

CMF_ghettomicra

» CMF Member
hey this is my first micra and its just really a run-about while i build my other car, so my mate and i have gone about "modding" it whenever we are bored, on a minimal budget so heres what we've done so far.....

Attachments

• 65684.jpg
    65684.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 38

CMF_ghettomicra

» CMF Member
so that was teh front lip, just garden edging and some cable ties,
then we decided to purchase a dildo shifter, so novel.

Attachments

• 65685.jpg
    65685.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 27

CMF_ghettomicra

» CMF Member
then the grille just didnt look right so we cut **** outta it and sprayed it matte black, so dodgy but so good....from a distance :p

Attachments

• 65686.jpg
    65686.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 31

CMF_ghettomicra

» CMF Member
did some paiting today, still need to upload pics but to say we've never painted before....well you can tell, luckily its only primer

CMF_ghettomicra

» CMF Member
haha yeah its pretty pricey but its so novel,having heaps of fun,hoping it does turn out alright cos the painting is annoying to tape up the windows etc

CMF_ghettomicra

» CMF Member
ok so now done some painting.annd impulsively purchased some 13x6 +15 dragways.

before and after clean up ,kindly done by my neighbour :)

Attachments

• 66185.jpg
    66185.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 25

CMF_ghettomicra

» CMF Member
feel free to explain, might come in handy as the rear wheels scrape and i was just going to roll the guards...but if they do what im thinking they do, it could be a less painful experience

CMF_ghettomicra

» CMF Member
ohhhh right, got ya, bummer, thanks heaps for your help, how much were you wanting for them? ive got another car to build which im kind of more wanting to throw my money at, trying to not get out of hand with the micra, but it is addictive :) but if the price is right might get them off you, pm me if its easier

CMF_mitch.

» CMF Member
Yo! I have 13x7 neg offset dragways in my garage (can't wait to get them on the micra once my guard flares arrive), 2 of 4 cleaned and polished they got some rusty looking corrosion on them, looks sort of like your before pic... maybe a tad worse.

I used degreaser/scouring cloth/metal polish but didn't come up near as good as those. How did you/your neighbour clean them up? Thats not a rattle can job on the body as well is it? It looks hell clean, loving the matte style.

Camber bolts here as well for anyone else after them:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-M...ccessories&hash=item1c15361a21#ht_4877wt_1141

CMF_niiCk

» CMF Member
were these dragways off ebay not long ago? i wanted them lol

mitch. WROTE:

"Yo! I have 13x7 neg offset dragways in my garage (can't wait to get them on the micra once my guard flares arrive), 2 of 4 cleaned and polished they got some rusty looking corrosion on them, looks sort of like your before pic... maybe a tad worse. <BR><BR>I used degreaser/scouring cloth/metal polish but didn't come up near as good as those. How did you/your neighbour clean them up? Thats not a rattle can job on the body as well is it? It looks hell clean, loving the matte style.<BR><BR>Camber bolts here as well for anyone else after them:<BR><BR><A title=http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-M...sories&amp;hash=item1c15361a21#ht_4877wt_1141 href="http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-M...sories&amp;hash=item1c15361a21#ht_4877wt_1141" target=_blank>http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-M...sories&amp;hash=item1c15361a21#ht_4877wt_1141</A>

mitch, you want to sell your wheels?

also im pretty sure its primer.
since hes going to paint it

CMF_mitch.

» CMF Member
Yeah I've tried used metal polish and they came up really well on the polished bit. But I just can't get rid of the really thick bits of rusty corrosion looking stuff right around the rim.

Yeah they were on ebay like 2 weeks ago.. Did I outbid you? Sorry. I think I'm gonna keep them... but they are pretty ridiculous... but I'm also looking at getting some SSR MKIII. See what happens first.

And I don't really think it needs camber bolts... Tyre stretch is what you want!

CMF_ghettomicra

» CMF Member
yeh paint is just primer, but i cleared over it to try to keep the matte finish without it getting heaps dirty, its rough as but it was fun. he used final inspection tyre cleaner, with about 3 passes. then used a polish with a high speed polishing ball with a drill, also did that abotu 3 times, you could use autosol but its not actually a polish ,but still works for short periods of time, just means you need to apply more often. yeh when i have some money i need to get some stretch going on, but til then ill just run mexican, with the camber bolts.

CMF_mitch.

» CMF Member
Sweet man, cheers for the info! I'll get one of those polish balls and a drill happening... I was thinking about grinder + wire brush attachment.. maybe its a little drastic...

I might upload a photo of my test fit with my dragways... but its probably almost 3 inch of wheel outside the guard!! I got Golf Mk2 guards coming though so it might work out... if not they will be cleaned up and sold.

CMF_LonePhantom

» CMF Member
mitch. WROTE:

"Sweet man, cheers for the info! I'll get one of those polish balls and a drill happening... I was thinking about grinder + wire brush attachment.. maybe its a little drastic...

I might upload a photo of my test fit with my dragways... but its probably almost 3 inch of wheel outside the guard!! I got Golf Mk2 guards coming though so it might work out... if not they will be cleaned up and sold.

Seriously, try the Autosol. It works pretty damned well. Not too expensive to get a small tube to test out. It. with a rag and some elbow grease will do some good work.

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
ghettomicra WROTE:

"yeh paint is just primer, but i cleared over it to try to keep the matte finish without it getting heaps dirty, its rough as but it was fun.

smart idea putting clear over primer, primer is porous and will absorb moisture if not sealed. looks good mate, may i suggest matte grey(primer) bumpers,handles etc (plastic primer first) and open mouth grill with mesh as cheap mods?

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Since they are my old wheels, a roll wont fit them. you will need serious pumping but watch out for putting some nice bumps in the guards on the non-fuel pump side.

Preferably for the hellaflush look get the rear axle chopped and bolted up. I tell you what.. stockers on back big wheels on front = fun.. take the exhaust on and leave the dump on and drive around like that.. woop!

CMF_ghettomicra

» CMF Member
well havesince found out that it doesnt scrub when im in it alone,when i have one passenger its ok only rubs on decent dips in the road.but if i put anyone in the back seat it just scrubbs consistently,think i might just goto wreckers and try and get some new (non chopped) springs out of anything that will fit and re-cut a little higher so that i dont have to pump the guards.does anyond know what cars have sprigs the same radius but with a thicker spring? (if that makes any sense at all)

CMF_ghettomicra

» CMF Member
DECIM8 WROTE:

"Did you not read my post? you will need to chop and weld the rear axle. Or run a thinner tyre, perhaps a 55 or 45.
yeh man i read it but its not hitting that badly,dont reallywant to cut my axle,and dont have access to a welder either.already got 55s on them.got a few simple ideas that i want to try before resorting to that,plus this is just my daily,

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Yeah, I tried everything. Watch your tyres in about 3 weeks. You also cant load much into it. Although I drive my FD and ive worn through 1cm of rubber in the rear left from scrub.. looks sick.

Mine was super low though so perhaps you wont have the same issue as me.

Frank has made some interesting posts (above) where ive read he has ground down the cover for the rear brakes. You may be able to grind down the outside so the rims sit further in. Although I think my problem was the connection to the rear bumper and wheels.

CMF_mitch.

» CMF Member
LonePhantom WROTE:

"mitch. WROTE:

"Sweet man, cheers for the info! I'll get one of those polish balls and a drill happening... I was thinking about grinder + wire brush attachment.. maybe its a little drastic...

I might upload a photo of my test fit with my dragways... but its probably almost 3 inch of wheel outside the guard!! I got Golf Mk2 guards coming though so it might work out... if not they will be cleaned up and sold. "</div>

Seriously, try the Autosol. It works pretty damned well. Not too expensive to get a small tube to test out. It. with a rag and some elbow grease will do some good work.

Sorry for hijacking your thread!!! haha just wanted to say:

Autosol and a polish wheel worked :)

img0113fb.jpg

And ghetto.. Do you still have the front lip attached? Is that just garden edging or something similar?

CMF_ghettomicra

» CMF Member
ah nice as man,yeh ive still got it on.just hit up bunnings and grab some garden edging and cable ties and just stitch it on,doesnt take long,i deffinetly recommend taking the bumper off to do it though,and another set of hands also makes life easier

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
For people who asked, in the tool section at bunnings you can get a attachement for power drill (read power) which comes with metal polish (solid block) and spins at 3000rpm to achive the above polish. Thats how i did them.

CMF_ghettomicra

» CMF Member
oh i got mine for like $8 or something for 2 metres, they just sold it by the metre rather tahn set lengths ,so i haven't got any left ,sorry dude

CMF_ghettomicra

» CMF Member
ok been abit lazt of late.so the guard flare went really well,will post pics when i get a chance,roughiah finish on the lip but hey its just a daily.camber bolts in and got 2.5 degrees neg. but now im bored and once my other car is finished i want to make the micra go way faster,so anyone who knows,is it possible to put a sr20det fwd out of a sss pulsar into the micra? cheers

Back