will the boot be on the other foot?

Been having the usual troubles with the boot coming opening and then not opening! And then opens by it’s self with the usual clicking sound. By pressing the anti hijack button we were able to get the boot open but after a few times with the wife being stranded with a flat battery I decided to check the door wiring and found a Black cable with gray broken under the foam. This I repaired with bullet clips.

But now I have fixed this broken cable we can’t open the boot, the car locks but the light on the anti hijacking switch is now permanently illuminated until pressed? I never even realized that there was a light in this switch? When in the car I press the switch and this light goes off! But by pressing the door button the car locks but this light comes on and wont go off until pressed. After charging the battery I put it back in to the car but the following day it was completely flat again!

With the boot locked shut will it be the micro switch? If so where is this micro switch hidden as I have removed the back panel but can’t see the big yellow label telling me where this switch is hidden?

The actual button to open the boot has a habit of leaking water and making the locking system go completely bonkers, that could be what's gone wrong there. As for the antihijacking switch, it stays lit for a few moments whilst the immobiliser arms itself if you press the key, but usually switches off after a couple of minutes. As for when you're in the car and pushing the button, it lights up when it's locked, and is off when it's not.

I've thankfully not had to have my boot lock replaced because it had gone wrong, Nissan ended up putting a new one in there when they found the thing was about to come away from the car! But my mum's did have this problem and I remember it popping the boot latch several times as we were driving along, then refusing to work at all when we'd stopped and actually wanted to get in there!

If you ask me, I prefer the old drivers side pully/put the key in and twist method that my K11 had, all I ever needed to fix that with when it went wrong was some WD40 in the lock barrell!

Any ideas why when pressing down on the accelerator i fail to have any respones from the engine? come back a few hours later and all seems normal?happened a few times now normally when starting but occasionally when driving? always seems to pick the buissiest roundabout in canterbury in the middle of rush hour Lol

Back