autograss suspension and strut brace questions

Newbie Autograsser with a ma 12 Micra and I've a couple of questions:

My micra has heaps of body roll, she has a rear antiroll bar but not front, newish monroe shoks at rear...old but serivceable unknowns on the front... how do I stiffen her up to catch the nova boys??

Do nova strut braces fit (with some drilling)?
Do nova front shocks/springs fit?
drill front lower mounts for camber tweek???
Can you fit a K11 anti roll bar to a K10
Do K11 springs fit f/r?
Anything else???fwn

oh aye, I'm on a budget so sorry but £400 spring and shock kits are out...

got a tubular manifold and on of bobsp16's webers but standard engine..head thickness is 114mm...should I go for a 2mm skim???
What about an overbore is it worth it???

Let me know fellas!!!

neepboy, my old ma12 went well with a 2mm skim (i had to slot the top sprocket holes to advance the cam tho)
and stronger/lower front springs would help some, (suzuki or matiz rears ?) :)

cheers guys, esp frank, so matiz rear springs are a good swap..or suzuki ?? would that be alto?
head wise 2mm skim and slot the pully...just with a round file? advance roughly how much?

was it you who swapped front struts w nova ones.. (local boy got a set of spax for sale)
or did you slot bottom mounts for camber adjustment.

cheers fellas, got to gt that micra moovin!

np neepboy :) it was a 100 thou skim on mine now i remember (2.5mm) which leaves the belt tensioner on max adjustment and throws the valve timing back a bit, the slotting will depend on where you want the powerband really (try a few different settings ?)
i,ve fitted 3 different models of suzuki springs, some are stronger (forget which, but there,s some info in my k11 blog, page 5ish iirc) and i checked some matiz ones this week, and they looked identical to suzuki (i believe k10/11 fronts swop ok, k10 rears are coilover tho eh)
and i doubt negative camber will help much on the rough (helps bigtime on tarmac tho) :)

100 thou!! bloody hell frank lol

My Ma12 was 50 thou and with the other work went amazing, the engine itself was intended for auto grassing, but for road use it was amazing!!

Frank knows more than his onions

cheers for the info,(Y)
camber changes not allowed anyway but must try to minimise the body roll and free up some more power.
a head skim and 3 angle vale seats or def on the way but just how much to skim is the big question at the mo..

more grinnin than winnin!!!!

easiest thing to do at the back, is fit 2 or more roll bars, just make a bracket and then bolt them on,

i, as im aware am the only k10 owner on the club to have fitted a k11 front roll bar to a k10, its quite simple if you can weld. just drill the holes in the wishbones as i did, (or so im told you could fit k11 wishbones which already have the holes) and the only other thing to do is to weld 2 mounts to the chassis of the car, dont think ive got any pics, but im custom making and fitting my exhaust today so while im underthere ill try and get some pics for you.

also im leas to believe that the k11 shock/spring arrangement will fit on the k10, but you may need to change the suspension top mounts over.

roll bars

cheers if yo can do photos that would be ace...local breaker got 4 K11s but no k10s....(did have a couple a month a go when I didnt need anything!!!)
so I can get the bars and brackets and can do the welding

cheers micra mates!!!

sorry mate totally forgot about pics, to excited to try my new exhaust and manifold out, ill get some next time im under there

autograss cams

rule book says "T5 or A3"
these are the only legal cams, lightening flywheel is sadly against the regs.

"doing more grinning than winning":grinning:

Do nova strut braces fit (with some drilling)?
Yes
Do nova front shocks/springs fit?
Not that i know off but K11 ones will
drill front lower mounts for camber tweek???

just fit some uprated k11 gear or adjustables
Can you fit a K11 anti roll bar to a K10

the 1.2 k10 have a rear anti roll bar fitted on the rear axle drop links that will help alot!
Do K11 springs fit f/r?

front shocks and springs yes
Anything else???fwn

lowering will help a huge amount a -35mm drop will seriously stiffen the ride you can get springs for nothing about £60 will get you a set see buypartsbuy.com

oh aye, I'm on a budget so sorry but £400 spring and shock kits are out...

got a tubular manifold and on of bobsp16's webers but standard engine..head thickness is 114mm...should I go for a 2mm skim???
What about an overbore is it worth it???

replace the inlet and carb that will see massive power gains and a 4-2-1 will also help a massive amouunt

hope that helps ;)

i, as im aware am the only k10 owner on the club to have fitted a k11 front roll bar to a k10, its quite simple if you can weld. just drill the holes in the wishbones as i did, (or so im told you could fit k11 wishbones which already have the holes) and the only other thing to do is to weld 2 mounts to the chassis of the car, dont think ive got any pics, but im custom making and fitting my exhaust today so while im underthere ill try and get some pics for you.

also im leas to believe that the k11 shock/spring arrangement will fit on the k10, but you may need to change the suspension top mounts over.

yup k11 and figaro wishbones have the required roll bar holes and both are a direct swap

and super is spot on the k11 front suspension is a direct swap just change the top mounts over

Back