Springs and shock questions

B210Bandit

Ex. Club Member
My 1.0 has been a trooper in this last load of snow, including an emergency run to the hospital. The old girl needs new shocks. Also wondering about springs. How do you tell when springs need replacing? The shocks are an MOT advisory, nothing said about the springs but while I'm doing shocks, bump stops etc thought maybe springs too.

Also, was thinking of normal KYB premium oil up front (I like them on my 1.2, just right for my style of driving) and maybe the Excel G gas/oil twin tubes at the back to stiffen the rebound rate slightly more at the rear. Is it a bad idea to mix diff types of shocks front/rear. Is it worthwhile?

thanks all.

i don't really think you will be able to tell much difference, Why don't you use the Excel G's all round? fwn

springs tend to sag over time so if you've got the cash and spanners its always an idea to change them. as for shocks your best off matching them all around or fitting the uprated ones to the front as thats where the majority of the weight is and would benefit the most.in my opinion the problem on a tens rear suspension is the lack of weight over it (i can lift both back wheels off the ground on my own and im a midget lol) i would say excel gs all round or excel g's front premiums back. hope this helps

actually one more question. Seems that it is cheaper to get some lowering springs than standard ride height ones. Can I drop those in or do I then get into funny suspension issues, tyre wear, all that stuff. Don't want to lower the car but if the springs are the cheapest and work then I'll do it.

i had excel G's all round on my K10 and -35mm lowering springs. no problems with any of the above. (Y)
Piccys:
Cleanapril.jpg

Cleanapril5.jpg

Back