• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Aussie K11 Micra!

Hi guys, thought i'd put a little blog up here for everyone to see.

Picked it up on the 1st of june. As most know, i got it for a bargin price.

mc52jd.jpg

Woggie came with a decent list of mods for the price too!

Consisting of the following:

Hurricane 4-2-1 headers
Full 2 inch Exhaust
Lukey muffler
Shortshifter kit
G4 racing coilovers
Momo steering wheel (which i replaced with an isotta wheel)
APX gearknob
Boss kit
Pivot 3 stage Shift light
14x6 enkei wheels with 180/60/14 made in china tyres.
APX lugs
CAI (which has been ditched)
Super S gauge cluster
JDM March Cup holder compartment

2ic4emg.jpg

Since purchase, i gave him a thorough clean, looks like the PO never washed it.

also dropped the car a little, the wheels tyres fill the guards now, but its scrubbing so i need to roll the guards and chop up the bumper to go lower, i may need to chop the rear springs too, as i took the coilover perch off and its still didnt go that low ... i will get some stock rear springs if i resort to that.

Also changed the wheel to a isotta i had lying around, the momo had a 30mm spacer, which i didnt really need, but the bolts are rounded :(

the racing seat was ditched, as i wanted it to be a nice practical daily, i can leave the spastic things to the mx5.

mmm chucked on a poddie i had in the garage, has some nice induction sound now.

I might chuck the stock S14 gear knob on woggie ... if i can find it, the APX knob is quite cold in winter :lol:

Pics are up, what it looks like now.

sevthv.jpg

33kys5v.jpg

2n1etfa.jpg

2415zs9.jpg

2eyx5kn.jpg

Enjoy.

nothing much to update on, i washed the car today ... it looked a little left out when i was washing the hevns.

also took a picture for the new JDMST poster :lol:

2je64cn.jpg

and i finally put the 6x9's in ... interesting story behind it.

My mate wrote off his integra VTI-R last year, and he stripped some of the parts off it before it went off to insurance.

Anyway, hanging out at his house ... bored, i start looking around his garage for things to do to the car, and what do i see ... a VTI-R parcel tray with 6x9 cutouts and reinforced with MDF!

Suprisingly, the clips lined up!, but the shape of the tray was a little too wide and long for the micra, so out came the jigsaw and this is your end result.

fv8i12.jpg

So in doing this, i just saved myself $50 :D gotta be happy with that.

Next for the micra is the dahtone racing decal on the sides of the car, and a few other misc. stuff and that will be it really.

Well the micra is living up to MXHEVNS reputation of slammage, i had some wierd scrubbing sounds half way to nelson bay last week, managed to get home and check it out on the weekend.

ended up ripping the #### out of the splash guard.

axnxvd.jpg

so i took the #### out and all this #### fell out, i also found some spider eggs :|

fa2d88.jpg

I ended up rolling all the guards too cause i was bothered enough.

I still need to do my CV's ... gah!

So anyway i hung out at Dahtone today and went through the scraps, i managed to find a pipe off broadie's (BK1990) civic that i thought i could use.

So I did a few measurements with it and concluded that it would work with the micra. I intended to modify it a little to fit but i didnt need to at the end of it. All i needed was a 90 degree bend, luckily Dave had a spare from this TMIC setup off the GTIR.

So i managed to a new intake at the cost of nothing! cheering :lol: Sounds great too.

I also had a chat to Vadim from Boltex signs, and we have concluded that the Camo will go ahead, and will happen in a few weeks! It will be a two colour Camo, along with the big dahtone stickers down the side.

The colours will include the following:

Olive, Cream, Cyclamen, samon and chrome.

Stay tuned.

Heres a pic from that homebush meetup 2 weeks ago

13342_182595572494_620397494_3669239_4671919_n.jpg

Random fact: Micra stockies leave 20mm at the front to be flush with the guard, the rears leave 60mm to be flush with the guard.

I want some wind deflectors for the windows, roof racks and new wheels ... hmm.

Well i found a set of wheels that i thought would fit on the micra at 2pm today, it made the rest of my work day very long.

So i get out to door at 4pm, and head to steve (Boost's) house to have a look at these wheels ... Dragway 13x7 + 11 offset :D they scream oldskool! and will fit beautifully.

heres some pics.

Front
16g9zwg.jpg

Rear
2m3fcbp.jpg

Fitment at rear
2e4wwoh.jpg

Diameter difference, make the stockers look like real chease cutters :lol:
14n0lcx.jpg

Wheels
347tlde.jpg

dishy goodness
2qu6dy9.jpg

They need a bit of work, you will notice three are polished and one is bleck, i'll probably rock two black and two polished. I also need longer wheel studs to secure these wheels properly.

The fronts fitment is alot like my MX5 with no camber, but these tyres will be gone and will chuck the tyres from the stockers on. It should work out to be flush with the top of the tyre, but the wheel will poke.

Picked up the visors yesterday.
96m48x.jpg

but i didn't relise they were for a 5DR until i saw them
vwqtf7.jpg

So i'll probably do something like this to make them look decent (red = cut away)
5d876d.jpg

I'll be nightshading them too to make them look nice and pretty :lol:

And thats it! tomorrow i have the GA15DE throttle body, i'll probably fit that on the weekend along with the visors, and i'll track down some extended studs asap to get these wheels on!

Stay tuned.

Throttle body came today.

2cs9vo8.jpg

2yxnsev.jpg

And the comparison to stock (the GA15DE's inlet is 5mm bigger)

161b706.jpg

Everything fitted up great, i did a coolant bypass too due to the GA15 coolant inlets being larger then stock.

Seems to pull a little harder now, but the power curve is all over the place.

Anyway, the main reason why i bought it was to see if the stalling and power loss would diminish with this installed. So i'll do some testing tomorrow after work.

Still on the hunt for extended wheel studs, and still need to take apart another wheel for paint.

I got dem nutz!

kao7te.jpg

You can see why i opted for the nuts instead of gettting longer studs. Worked out cheaper too.

95pyqw.jpg

Should fit very nicely with the new tyres. I was going to put two on today, but the micra is playing up again.

Might just wait till i repair and repaint the last one, and do it in one hit.

20sim0.jpg

yes, i copied and pasted from another blog i have lol.

Stay tuned on wheel fitment.

Id reckon (as do you) that a slight stretch will let you get away with those wheels/offset without doing anything else :)

Worst case you can just massage the rear arches a little bit more. ;)

Should look similar to this.

7_145_60_R13_Michelin_Compact_2.jpg

Which should work out pretty flush, i might need to massage the guard a little though ... which i have no problem doing :D

the fronts will be interesting though, as there will be alot more poke so i might need to chase up some camber bolts for it.

Really cant wait to see what these look like and where it all sits with the smaller tyres :)

Awesome Micra - I'd love wheels like that on mine, but I'm selling it so theres no point haha!
Whats the MX5 like? Looking at one of those for the next car :)

Ok so less then 10kms of driving did this

14uxtuo.jpg

So i used this

iz17xx.jpg

To do that

4ruyc9.jpg

Until it broke

2m5mfsw.jpg

Heres a picture of the stretch

2rc61ec.jpg

And another picture of the car for good measure

2jb2ss3.jpg

Cor, that '5 is lovely Crocaine! I'd love mine to look like that when I get it :) I can only afford the MK1 though haha!
Whats the drop, camber, wheels etc? Sorry, bit OT! :p

Cor, that '5 is lovely Crocaine! I'd love mine to look like that when I get it :) I can only afford the MK1 though haha!
Whats the drop, camber, wheels etc? Sorry, bit OT! :p

The drop ... mmm probably 5 inches from stock? its on coilovers.

Wheels are Sportmax/XXR 513, 15x8 0 offset.

Camber is -1.5 front -2.5 rear (last time i checked)

Ok i went to sydney tools after work today, and they had the right size allen key in a socket, so i bought it.

Anyway i get home and try it out ... no ####ing way will those nuts budge, i ended up shredding the allen key, so i figured its time for plan B.

2w7jqkm.jpg

Seems the PO did this too.

Seeing it was alot cooler today i thought i'd have another look at the fronts fitment

242wo7t.jpg

qozouh.jpg

8yrrwh.jpg

ilahw3.jpg

I have a feeling there will be about 5-10mm more poke at the front, which should be pretty spot on without any camber.

Considering this is more of a budget build, i'm thinking that if it doesnt fit, i'll make it fit rather then forking out dosh for the camber bolts.

You may notice the decent picture quality now, well the missus's parents just came back from overseas and bought her a Cannon IXUS 200 IS ... pretty niffy little thing.

If you have a hunt through Frank's blog you'll find how he drilled out the top mount on the hub carrier to effect some camber without spending $$$.

Is there any meat that could be machined off of the mounting face of the wheels, they are really low offset so could presumably sit back further without fouling the strut. Might cost some beer to get it done though.

Though it does look like the stretch, loss of the wheel arch liner and a bit of rolling and maybe a slight pull will have them on well enough.

Then of course it'll be time to space the rear so they sit the same relative to the arch :grinning:

These wheels are a total win!! I cant wait to see the front on. I think they would look cooler if all the spokes were black though, I reckon the mismatch can only be carried off if the design or the offset are different, as though they were bought as two pairs.

Oooofsome MX5 too.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers for the info mark, the liners were ditched long ago, and i rolled the guards a few months ago when i was bored. I offer a guard rolling service down here in sydney, as i ended up buying one to fit the wheels on my MX5 (had problems with many shops who thought they could do it).

So i am pretty confident the fronts will fit with a little persuation.

We'll see if i can pull the mismatch off, i would of left them all chrome, but one wheel was already painted unfortunatley.

Anyway, prepared the wheel tonight

Sanded it

14kimw0.jpg

Cleaned the grime off it

rhvn6x.jpg

And primered it front

29ft1mx.jpg

And back

35jeeep.jpg

Paint should go on tomorrow after work, and the big day will be on wensday.

Could you not have stripped the paint off and re-polished the centers or do you have a suspision that the ally/chrome might be in a bit of a state underneath. I am right in thinking that they are aluminium centers riveted to chromed steel rims aren't they.

I could of done that, but considering the age of the wheels I figured that I would just paint it and go from there.

I think your right, alloy centre with chromed steel barrels or similar.

im in to this car man, it looks like it should be rwd with a crazzy block in it with those tyres tho. , but still nice work. :D

Wheel painted

245egi0.jpg

And on!

140hp3n.jpg

2djt2d1.jpg

2iu50qv.jpg

zv1smq.jpg

The miss match looks better then i expected, and i am quite happy to leave it like that.

As i thought, the front has 10-15mm more poke then the rear does ... which is fine as it still fits under most of the guard (just). I'll probably work on the guards and lower it a little more at the front on the weekend.

Next up, getting those visors cut and installed.

That looks the absolute business! Great wheel work there sir.

I'm not sold on the mismatch, I reckon black centers on the rear would have more win, but your ride your way etc.

Front ride height looks really purposefull, could you prehaps (sacrlidge to suggest I know) raise the back a little, and then get the rears spaced out to sit the same as the fronts, that way the tyre/arch interface front to rear would be the same, and give a little bit of rake, which tends to look nice on a micra.

That looks the absolute business! Great wheel work there sir.

I'm not sold on the mismatch, I reckon black centers on the rear would have more win, but your ride your way etc.

Front ride height looks really purposefull, could you prehaps (sacrlidge to suggest I know) raise the back a little, and then get the rears spaced out to sit the same as the fronts, that way the tyre/arch interface front to rear would be the same, and give a little bit of rake, which tends to look nice on a micra.

Thanks mate.

We'll see how it goes with the colours, i'm sure i'll get bored with it sooner or later and end up painting the rears :p

I like how the rear sits, as it just tucks the top of the tyres tread from sight.
We'll see how it goes though, still need to figure out what i want to do with the front. The rear will probably need a 10-15mm spacer though.

Cheers fellas,

Just a few more pictures, i popped into dahtone today to change the throttle cable brackets over to see if it would help with the lack of responce, which it did!

Though there is still slight hesitation, which is normal aparently if the car isn't tuned.

I love driving this thing, its extremely fun!

28umu52.jpg

1427zwx.jpg

The fronts are a little less agressive then what i have on the Roadster, i think i will fork the dosh out for some camber bolts.

123nnt2.jpg

I've decided not to put the weather shields on because

a) i'll probably destroy them whilst trying to modify them.

b) they will end up looking ####

:lol:

So i'll try track down some 2DR weather shields ... anyone know of any companies in the UK that make slim 2 door weathershields?

Mmm that does look pretty good mark.

So is uk eBay the only place to get the shields? They charge stupid prices for shipping.

The P plate is something the provisional (new) drivers must have near the number plate. It's pretty gay, we aren't allowed to drive anything high performance really (I.e) turbos, supercharged, v8's etc.

The provisional licience last 3 years, I'm off in a few months :)

"The P plate is something the provisional (new) drivers must have near the number plate. It's pretty gay, we aren't allowed to drive anything high performance really (I.e) turbos, supercharged, v8's etc. "

Dude, you're little low black P isn't that GAY, here in france we new drivers have to stick a big red A on the boot window, check my blog, you will see what the real GAYNESS is. During 3 years. If you don't stick it and get caught, you lose 1 point of 6 on your licence...

"The P plate is something the provisional (new) drivers must have near the number plate. It's pretty gay, we aren't allowed to drive anything high performance really (I.e) turbos, supercharged, v8's etc. "

Dude, you're little low black P isn't that GAY, here in france we new drivers have to stick a big red A on the boot window, check my blog, you will see what the real GAYNESS is. During 3 years. If you don't stick it and get caught, you lose 1 point of 6 on your licence...

if we are caught without it showing, if we are on our red P's [1 year, 1 point] we loose our licience for three months. Green P's [2 years, 4 points] loose three points.

This arrived today

1253k3a.jpg

Hopefully this will fix the flatspots, and unlock the larger throttle bodys potential.

alrighty all installed and running good.

I ended up putting the module under the standard ECU (the ecu is located behind the heater controls) and the hand controller in the drivers side pouch.

Now i need to get a quick tune on it.

Back