• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Aussie K11 Micra!

This is an excellent pic.

2yzhowh.jpg

Not just because you cant see the mismatched wheels (Y)

Those 155s have a real nice stretch on the 7"s don't they.

yeah the stretch is pretty nice :)

Got alot done today.

Installed a tacho and swaped my cluster for anths.

Bought an amp (well the missus bought it for Xmas, thanks babe) and installed it, I now have bass again! :)

And i swapped the wheels around, so one side is bleck and the other is polished, i must say that i am digging the silver more.

The wheel that was painted by the previous owner is starting to peel now too! so i might polish them during my holidays.

and finally, I managed to do a tune on the micra, my god does it pull, watch out hondas, the micras in town!

took some quick snaps today, enjoy.

f0wydy.jpg

xdpps.jpg

6yfj3k.jpg

28bcrk9.jpg

2lca1du.jpg

24ctd2u.jpg

ot1c1w.jpg

ru8okp.jpg

2qxxi77.jpg

I want to #### that steering wheel off, its starting to get on my nerves :lol:

And yeah, dont know whats next, it needs new pads so that might be it, along with the CV's.

Yeah, both sides work really well.

I think the black side you can get away with no centers, but on the polished side they need some centers.

thanks everyone, heres some pictures taken from a recent event.

2v33fif.jpg

dcahpi.jpg

t68qp1.jpg

1zd0xft.jpg

2q2eixv.jpg

qz4w49.jpg

nom nom. Powered by Red Bull!

i'm thinking of turbocharging the little micra, am i nuts? i'm ment to be spending the money on the MX5!

I picked up Justins carbon intake today, and whacked it on the micra, i dont want to get pulled over and get slugged $84 for an exposed filter.

So anyway, it took me a while to install, mainly because i was trying to figure out where i could get some nice cool air from.

I originally wanted to go through the guard on the drivers side, and through to the front, but there was no room. So i ended up running it down the passenger side, behind the radiator, Not ideal, but good enough for now.

Took it for a spin and my inital thoughts were that it seemed to open up slightly, and it was alot louder after 4500rpm. Seems the tune needs to be adjusted again though.

Anyway here are some pictures, i think it looks nicer with the chunky canister instead of the previous setup.

I might have another look when the weathers better to see if i can mount it a little better.

4j8cc3.jpg

168igx1.jpg

n4z8ti.jpg

Hey Crocaine,

Like what you've done with the k11, I think I'm into the darker alloys more myself. Carbon firber intake looks cool aswell.

Good work mate :)

I wasn't happy with the performance and positioning of the current setup, so i set out to get it to fit the initial setup i had in mind.

I ended up feeding part of the hose through the hole in the guard and leaving it at that, it seems to be working well ... after a spirited drive the intake is barely hot, it has also given me an INSANE induction sound, Very VERY loud! =D

1zn8pdc.jpg

The carbon shield itself is a bit banged up by the bracket that holds it, so i decided to cover it up with the good old "NA is best" sticker.

wugvgp.jpg

The intake must be doing something right from the previous setup, i have needed to double the amount of fuel going into the engine now, VIA the DFA.

R30/31 skyline?

Nope, its of mazda origin.

Righteo i have came to the conclusion that i am going to #### off the carbon intake.

From what i can see (feel), its more of a restriction then an open pod is, it would be ok on a stockish micra, but because mine has an enlarged TB it needs more air and the enclosed intake isn't cutting it by the looks of things.

That Flexi pipe did did make a difference too, i think because of all the ribs inside, it must cause turbulance, thus makes the car hesitate. Still it would be great for feeding air to a pod or similar.

So yeah, the enclosure is now for sale.

Man, this weather is bonkers!

I spent some time dumping the front some a little more.

It ended up looking like this

2e5pnup.jpg

I would of liked to go a tad lower, but the shock body is getting a little to close to the CV shaft/joint.

Still curious why each wheel has more or less camber then another ... does anyone know if G4 coilovers are camber adjustable?

Whoop, forgot to update this!

This micra was sold, and a week later it was written off :(

"Well some may have notice my absence from the forum lately, but i thought i'd do the last update on the micra.

I sold it last weekend to a friend of mine, and i found out literally 5 minutes ago that it has been written off!

Friend is ok, will post more, when i know more.

R.I.P Micra.

http://roadstergarage.wordpress.com/2010/02/22/r-i-p-k11-you-were-good-to-me/

24ctd2u.jpg
"

However, I did purchase another last week ... build thread is here -> http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/37929-Project-Panda-K11-Micra-RoadsterGarage.net

Back