ATB Diff information needed

Hello,
Im looking at getting an atb diff for my little micra and was wondering if anybody knew which one would fit in
... I went down to Autosport and spoke to quaiffe themselves however they didnt come up with any answers..... If they dont do a micra one, what else will fit in the micra gearbox as iv seen them advertised before for micras.... If any body could help .....please :)

Was wondering if any diffs from any other gearboxes fit .... Not just nissan.
Got told the vauxhall ones mighg fit.... Not sure and dont fancy spending that kinda money to measure it and find out it wont fit lol

Was wondering if any diffs from any other gearboxes fit .... Not just nissan.
Got told the vauxhall ones mighg fit.... Not sure and dont fancy spending that kinda money to measure it and find out it wont fit lol
pretty unlikely eh ste, it would have to have the same spline dimensions and pcd/offset/bearings etc, the S15 silvia had a factory ATB diff (ebay £200ish) dunno if that would fit tho :)

I have an AP suretrac for my Class 4 Grass Car that i am Building:
gearbox.jpg

Matt Humphris has a box forsale with a 5.1 crownwheel and an AP Suretrac in it for £995, which is pretty cheap.

Not sure about Gripper LSDs wearing out quickly, not had any issues with mine but perhaps that's down to personal use. By design though, much like brakes, they require replacement of wearing frictional parts and there's not a lot one can do with that. On the up side they are extremely easy to tune to personal driving style.

The issue with the AP Suretrac is there is no support since they are no longer made and they are non adjustable. If the diff you have doesn't give you the right characteristics, there is nothing you can do about it. On a rally car, I would argue that support is worth strong consideration along with what you intend to use the car for and what your expectations are before spending out.

ATB is OK for road use because its a fit and forget item. A plate diff gives much better traction than an ATB, so it depends on what you want to do with it.

Gripper diffs have an excellent support package, rebuilds are cheap, service is quick and support is always available.

I used a gripper plate type in a 1400 micra road rally car about 4 years ago ,I got it off matt it pulled you into the corners but didn't pull you all over the road like some plate types do.

I'm using a gripper LSD from humphris with a one-sided clutch pack to allow room for the speedo gear.

originally was a 2-way ramp with loadsa preload but operated very on/off and made a loud violent clattering which loosened drive shaft nuts and shortly afterwards the 160ftlb shattered the preload ring, via signs of more wheel spin and less chatter.

scaled.php
after finding that its shattered, sent it back to gripper to be rebuilt under lifetime warranty and also requested to change to 1.5 way ramps only to find they charged me full price of £120 :/

scaled.php

the rebuilt 1.5 way LSD felt more progressive and quieter. went for just 2 trackdays then left for 6mths only to find the preload rings shattered again with more wheel spin :rolleyes:

dsc08069sp.jpg

sent back to gripper for the 2nd rebuild but this time haven't been charged under warranty.

dsc08090oy.jpg

so the weakest part of the gripper lsd is the brittle preload ring.
apparently they upgraded the preload rings material to be more ductile since 2011 but the original and 1st replacement ring turned out to be the brittle pre-2011 design. I'm now hoping this latest 2013 ring is more reliable once she's back on the road.

takes Gripper a week to rebuild and post it back

Back