Ashley Exhaust System

Im looking at the ashley exhaust system, its the full system and connects just below the 1st cat(under the manifold) it replaces the 2nd cat im just wondering with the 2nd cat removed has anyone had any issues with the emission test on the mot ?
thanks!

m1cR4 said:
Im looking at the ashley exhaust system, its the full system and connects just below the 1st cat(under the manifold) it replaces the 2nd cat im just wondering with the 2nd cat removed has anyone had any issues with the emission test on the mot ?
thanks!

I'm running with the sportex system and never had any issues with the last mot, that's with a modded mani, larger tb and injectors

With only the 1st CAT it passes emissions, with only the 2nd CAT it doesnt pass emissions but its close to pass, without any CAT's it will never pass.

Cars with a decent secondary cat that is in good condition will easily pass an emissions test. Most people hit a problem as they are using an original OEM cat which is 15years old and well past it's best.

Cars with a decent secondary cat that is in good condition will easily pass an emissions test. Most people hit a problem as they are using an original OEM cat which is 15years old and well past it's best.
paul (polly) had problems even with a new cat iirc

paul (polly) had problems even with a new cat iirc

Not sure what type of catalyst Paul uses, (I believe Paul did once have a rolled metal matrix type at some point?). To be honest, it's a mix of using an efficient modern catalyst, (ours is a 200cpi metal matrix type), and having adequate mapping. IMO the OEM type center cats are not good enough on their own anyway.

We pass every time with emissions very close to zero and we can bimble in at 30mph, let the car sit and still pass with ease. Before it was rag it to within an inch of it's life and test immediately or fail and even passing was borderline.

Attachments

• 400cpi.jpg
    400cpi.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 237
  • 200cpi.jpg
    200cpi.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 226
Thanks for help, exhaust is ordered :)
Just out of interest why is the 2nd cat less effective than the 1st cat, is it because it is further down the system?

Been told theres new MOT regs this year, and they require catalytic converters factory fitted, anyone mot'd there car this year with an ashley (or similar) system fitted and cat removed had any problems?

Been told theres new MOT regs this year, and they require catalytic converters factory fitted, anyone mot'd there car this year with an ashley (or similar) system fitted and cat removed had any problems?

Well the words that have been floating about have been that a catalytic converter, fitted as original equipment, that is missing will be a reason for failure. There is however no statement to that effect within the new VOSA guidelines, (I have checked).

I interpret that to mean nothing more than we already know, which is, if the car is fitted with a catalyst system from the factory it shall be subject to and pass a catalyst emissions test to the limits specified in the Annex for the vehicle in question, (VOSA Emissions Regs 17th Edition).

I think a lot of this is still hype and I wont personally worry about anything until I see something published directly from VOSA.

Not sure what type of catalyst Paul uses, (I believe Paul did once have a rolled metal matrix type at some point?). To be honest, it's a mix of using an efficient modern catalyst, (ours is a 200cpi metal matrix type), and having adequate mapping. IMO the OEM type center cats are not good enough on their own anyway.

We pass every time with emissions very close to zero and we can bimble in at 30mph, let the car sit and still pass with ease. Before it was rag it to within an inch of it's life and test immediately or fail and even passing was borderline.

mine used to be the rolled metal mesh type but my forged piston engine was burning oil and wrecked it so replaced with stock honeycomb type then got ed to remap the turbo to try pass emissions, no use

had to switch over to stock exhaust and map to pass

Back