Anyone live near JAE that has parking space?

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
hi there,

since i will be dropping in at JAE on my way back to Sweden with a volvo FULL of stuff, i of course want my car to be safe and secure while i am at the show.

at first i thought i could simply bring it on to the site and that way i could keep an eye on it, and make sure nobody takes my stuff. but it now seems like the guys at JAE want £50 to bring the car in as it is not Jap.

they said i could park it in the visitor's car park, but i doubt it will be safe there with all my stuff in it,

so i was wondering if there was anyone near by that had secure parking, like a garage or something that i could put the car in and then get a lift to JAE?

thanks!!

Can you not get it in as a support vehicle and just dump it behind some tents with a car cover over it?

Kev's said there would be plenty of space for camping, tents, gazebos behind the stand. Why not "use" your Volvo as a "camping van"
(sorry if that sounds funny, but I hope you get me)

It isn't Jap. We had Paddy's Corsa in a few years back and hid it under a giant Nissan Flag, seemed ok.

i spoke directly with the JAE people, they said as of last year anyone on site thats not in a jap car has to be £50 or be gone within 2 hours (they get their £50 back) its because of all the people bringing non jap cars that couldn't be bothered to park in the carpark.

also the support vehicle was ment to be for vans etc so stuff could be unloaded and the cars removed afterward.

Gits. Can't see what harm one car would do, it's a large enough site. In that case you'll have to just put blankets or something over the stuff in your car, or tint the windows? and just hope it's alright! Not heard of stuff being nicked at JAE in the past

Well I'm going to require full weekend access as I'll be bringing with me all the usual club supplies and doing the BBQ shopping trips both Saturday and Sunday.

I can appreciate and understand JAE wanting it to be all JAP cars only, but in some cases allowances need to be made.

Kev

It appears now I cannot bring my Leon in either which is going to make it very awkward for me at the show.

hmmmm......

Gits. Can't see what harm one car would do, it's a large enough site. In that case you'll have to just put blankets or something over the stuff in your car, or tint the windows? and just hope it's alright! Not heard of stuff being nicked at JAE in the past

our banner got nicked last time! but it will be in the public carpark so not really JAE, and its the stuff i am bolting to the roof that i am worried about.

they brought this in last year because it started with one car, the odd person who had moved away from the jap world, and then more came and then it just got stupid with people trying to get a free parking space by saying they are with one of the clubs.

It appears now I cannot bring my Leon in either which is going to make it very awkward for me at the show.

hmmmm......

its ok if you bring it in for no more than 2 hours at a time, and then you just leave it in the visitor parking, so you bring everything in, leave all the equipment in the tent, and just the pain in the ass of walking back to the public car park ( i am sure people can give you a lift) but you are lucky as your car doesn't have all your worldly possessions in it!!

also the guy who runs JAE said to get the front gate to radio for him and he will see if he can make an exception so maybe not all too bad but we will have to see.

our banner got nicked last time! but it will be in the public carpark so not really JAE, and its the stuff i am bolting to the roof that i am worried about.

they brought this in last year because it started with one car, the odd person who had moved away from the jap world, and then more came and then it just got stupid with people trying to get a free parking space by saying they are with one of the clubs.
Get Joe to come in the LDV Cub and I'll borrow the badges from Carrie's dad's Serena Vanette! :laugh:

Nex if you want you can transfer all your stuff into my car... we can call it the msc van lol

that might be possible, it would be just the stuff from the roof really (there will be engines etc in the back, a bit difficult to shift all that!) but a volvo can hold a lot more than a micra, and i will already have one micra full of stuff at the show!

Get Joe to come in the LDV Cub and I'll borrow the badges from Carrie's dad's Serena Vanette! :laugh:

lol actually not a bad idea lol, thought i am sure he wants to come in the micra, and it still means the massive pain in the ass of unpacking and repacking the volvo, which is like tetris on crack!

i've got a mera now so space won't be a problem and it'll be parked behind the micras so it shouldn't get to much attention

:( I'd offer space but I'm coming in the MR2 which is already going to be interesting space-wise... I might even do without the spare wheel to make room in the frunk!

just thought what day you heading there for Nex? cause i'll be coming on the saturday (don't think i can get the friday off work)

well we will see how it goes, from the way the guy was sounding on email he MAY let me in, or its £50 to get in...

if you go to www.preloved.co.uk its similar to gumtree (gumtree might also work but ive not looked) there is parking spaces all over the UK youl just need to brows and see if theres any close to the JAE. usually its all private parking spaces and dont usually cost anymore than £20 for a full day :)

if you go to www.preloved.co.uk its similar to gumtree (gumtree might also work but ive not looked) there is parking spaces all over the UK youl just need to brows and see if theres any close to the JAE. usually its all private parking spaces and dont usually cost anymore than £20 for a full day :)

interesting except i can park at JAE for 3 days for £50, so i would loose £10 and have to walk to JAE,

Back