Live from the Venue of JAE 2008

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
Representing the Micra Sports Club for JAE 2008, Ollie and James here.

We have spent this morning and early afternoon up in Mersea Island looking at the new venue for JAE 2008!

If we are honest, we had some slight doubts about the venue, we were a bit nervouse of the dreaded causeway and the access to the venue.

All doubts about the venue are now well and truly gone!!!

We think that the atmosphere of JAE 2008 will be awesome, the venue as it stands is smaller than JAE 2007 (East Of England Showground in Peterborough) BUT this is not a bad thing, EOE showground was too big, clubs were too far apart and a hell of a lot of space was wasted!!!

The causeway is not a problem, the road seemed nice and clear.

Once on Mersea island the roads are not that big, and this MAY cause a bottleneck but a system is being implemeneted to try and improve the flow of traffic.

We have arranged a position near the Almera Owners Club, the SX Owners Club and Honda Owners Club.

There is a swimming pool, climbing towers and a lot more stuff will be on site to make this better than JAE 2007. We have also had confirmation that there will be no curfew at this venue, we can party up until the early hours of the morning if we wish, As peterborough was a midnight Curfew!!!

We have also had confirmation that a beach party will be allowed, with bombfire, although the beach is crap (see photo)!!!

We honestly believe that this JAE will be better than previous years, with a better atmosphere with more things to do!!!

Live from some random pub just off Mersea Island.

Ollie and James

(pictures to follow)

Edit : Additions now I'm back

Right would also like to add more information about the new site for JAE, the place looks absoloutly awesome! The bars there are going to carry on the Japanese Theme, even Saki will be provided at the bars, the decor will be japanese and the japanese theme will be a large presence throughout the event!

Also a new thing for JAE, there is a school type canteen within the premises, this will provide full english breakfats to help cure those hangovers, and also meals in the evening. But why would you want this when the MSC BBQ is SOOOOO much better!!!

The campsite will be on the actual stand itself, the idea is to reduce movement around the site. This could be better, but it needs to be done properly or it could look a mess!!!

Regarding the Causeway, the high tide times will be posted on the JAE forum before the event, these times are the times you want to avoid getting there for, if the causeway is flooded it's not the end othe world, about half a mile back on the mainland there is a nice pub which you can go to, also the causeway is only flooded for about 30-45 minutes, it's not going to be the end of the world if you hit high tide at this time.

Events such as Show and Shine, Tug of War, and 5-a-side football will be present also. Everything is centrally based, so hopefully this will create a better atmosphere, as everything seemed too far apart at EoE.

There is at present only 1 road on and off the site, so this will create a bottle neck, in the future (JAE 2009), there is a new road being built to improve the traffic around the island. not brilliant for us now, but I can't imagine things being TOO bad if it is organised correctly!!

I am now so looking forward to this event, it should be an absoloutly awesome event.

See you all there!!!!!

OP
OP
ollie240585

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
pics as promised

Attachments

• DSC00261.JPG
    DSC00261.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 224
  • DSC00263.JPG
    DSC00263.JPG
    207 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC00264.JPG
    DSC00264.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 186
  • DSC00265.JPG
    DSC00265.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC00272.JPG
    DSC00272.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC00275.JPG
    DSC00275.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC00276.JPG
    DSC00276.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC00277.JPG
    DSC00277.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 211

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Thanks for going to this, I really appreciate, I've been getting your text's.

Glad you've got on well and secured a good location.

Kev

OP
OP
ollie240585

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
Thanks for going to this, I really appreciate, I've been getting your text's.

Glad you've got on well and secured a good location.

Kev

Pleasure was all mine Kev, was really good to see members from from other clubs, It was an honour to represent the MSC!!!

I am glad I actually got the opportunity to see it first hand.

Sadly there will be NO Scoobies there as JAE falls under the same week as a Colin Mcrae rememberance meet.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
who cares about the scoobies!!! They laughed at us 2 years ago!!! - oop's, didn't realise alan was logged on!! - Ems

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
As the MSC has paid the extra ££'s for close camping to our stand, this area must be considered the same as our stand area and kept clean and tidy at all times.

Kev

OP
OP
ollie240585

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
As the MSC has paid the extra ££'s for close camping to our stand, this area must be considered the same as our stand area and kept clean and tidy at all times.

Kev

Couldn't agree more, the stand will be right in front of the camping area, well it is actually up to us how we do it,
1.tents in the middle, cars round the outside,
2.tents in a corner, cars down 2 sides
3.cars at the front, tents at the back

Although I think this is something which should be sorted out on the day, our plot is not certain, it's all sitll in preliminary stages at the moment, we will find out closer to date.

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
I think our camping area will be at the back, then the gazebo and then the cars in front.

Kev

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
I can confirm Mersey islands a great place providing the weathers good, ive been on holiday there.
Waters a bit muddy but thats no different from around here!

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
I'll either be buying a new one for the MSC or hiring a company to put one up for us.

I will be reviewing it nearer the time, I don't want to spend £100+ money of the MSC on another gazebo that will just get blown down and bent again!

I'll see how much it would cost for say a 6mx3m gazebo for hiring over 3 days.

Kev

OP
OP
ollie240585

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
I'll either be buying a new one for the MSC or hiring a company to put one up for us.

I will be reviewing it nearer the time, I don't want to spend £100+ money of the MSC on another gazebo that will just get blown down and bent again!

I'll see how much it would cost for say a 6mx3m gazebo for hiring over 3 days.

Kev

Kev,

Please contact John (think that was his name) regarding hiring a gazebo, he said he would like to restrict the amount of gazebo companies coming to the show, as he doesn't want loads of people he doesn't know on site, realistically he'd like to keep it all to one company. Same with generators.

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Yeah I posted this up on the JAE forum, John just replied on there.

Kev