Parking

F

FatGaz

Hi,

I live in a terraced house with no off road parking. Does anyone know if there is a Law about parking outside your own house?

I assume that as its a public road then anyone can park outside any house, and its just "common courtesy" to leave a space so the owner of the property can park their car outside their house.

Got problems with a bloke on the street who drives a company van that is taking up like 2.5 car spaces outside the house! grr I assume that all I can do is ask him politely to move it.

I can park the car around the corner on a side street, but I dont like to as the other weekend I parked it there and the alarm went off - think kids could have been 'tampering' with it.

Cheers
GAZ

Mate had this same problem, but insted of him getting asked nicely to move, so old midden came out and kicked his boot in. Left a nasty mark on it, but he can't prove anything. Wasn't much fun for him.
Just say to him, and he hopefully will be okay with it.
Titch :kungfu:

No probs, I'm in a similar situation, terraced house and there are 28 houses in our street, with a large student population, and parking for around only 20 cars (you do the math, lol), plus we are right next to the town centre so people will park in our street instead of actual car parks when they go to work or go shopping, and we also have a yellow line down one side of the road (my side), also trying to get parked in my own street on a match day is impossible.....

Council are looking at trying to get resident only parking for us

its a free for all i'm affraid. first come first served i get this all the time live next to a hospital, can't get parked till after 8pm when all the patients and staff have gone home grr

niel good luck with residents parking. we were told we'd get it then they put double yellow lines in the back lane instead. can't get parked any where grr

RE: RE: Parking

SR_Micra_Boy said:
No probs, I'm in a similar situation, terraced house and there are 28 houses in our street, with a large student population, and parking for around only 20 cars (you do the math, lol), plus we are right next to the town centre so people will park in our street instead of actual car parks when they go to work or go shopping, and we also have a yellow line down one side of the road (my side), also trying to get parked in my own street on a match day is impossible.....

Council are looking at trying to get resident only parking for us

Jeeez - good luck mate - I thought I had it bad - at least I can park around the corner if I need to - but parking is generally a nightmare - so many families now have 2 or 3 cars per household - and if you only have street parking it can be difficult to say the least - our roads were never designed for so many parked cars! fwn

Well take it this way, in my 2 years at the address, I have had....

3 parking tickets, 4 wing mirrors kicked off, 1 break in with £800's worth of gear dissapearing (parked outside a shop at 4 in the afternoon! ) 1 load of damage (bonnet, full drivers side doors and wing) from 2 lads having a fight on my car, and one stolen car career into the micra and cause some serious body damage.

I think ive got it bad! lol

And we have 2 cars, lol

Indeed, lol........

shud have cost us 65k but we got a wedding present thru me parents who owned the house and used to rent it out to students, it was empty for a year, so we bought it off them at a reduced price, score! lol

It aint in a bad area or anything, its just the tosspots who walk thru it that cause the problems

lol i feel lucky then, we've got a private car park (one car per house) then we got the garage, then i can park one or two car's on the access road behind the house, which is jus as well with having three cars, lol.

its a free for all round our way too!! would have preferred permit parking but they've just double yellow lined everything!! no driveways or garages, and we've got 4 cars :s

Hi all.

I'm afraid im very lucky to have undercover parking with electronic gates with the flat i rent with my partner.Still doesnt stop the chavs breaking in though, had someont try to steal my bike twice!!grrgrr CHAVSgrrgrr

Back