any one no if ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
...i can disable only the drivers air bag and keep the passanger air bag as i have my after market steering wheel that i want to put on off my 1.0 does any one think it will be possible??

cheers ken

yeah unplug it and remove it is the usual method, unless your paranoid about the possibility of it going off the control units underneath the stereo just behind the ecu.

i new that whipit cheers any way as thats what i done on me first one but on my new one i have drivers and passangers airbag i only want to lose the drivers air bag and keep the passangers air bag

Does the Driver & Passenger air bags have seperate Fuses? If so remove the drivers airbag fuse.

ahh will have to have a look hope so as on my 1.0 it only had a drivers air bag so i just disconected it and covered the air bag light up with black tape

yea what they said lol and i like me lil race wheel as well feels like im driving a bus with the standard wheel on also i want to keep the passanger air bag fully operational rather than just sitting there in the car adding weight

all this research over the years into car safety, yet with your limited knowledge of cars at 18 etc, think that they're all wrong and air bags do more damage than good.

Generally, they save a lot of peoples lives.

all this research over the years into car safety, yet with your limited knowledge of cars at 18 etc, think that they're all wrong and air bags do more damage than good.

Generally, they save a lot of peoples lives.

well whatever, i'm going to stick without one.

if its there keep it in i say ;D , my personal opinion is leave it in if it was bad for ya i dont think car companys would use them!

I don't trust airbags, I'm very convinced mine doesn't work mind.. although the light doesn't flash, it comes on with ignition then goes off, I'm seriously convinced it doesn't work.

Airbags are seriously bad ideas. Suffocating / Trapping you in a position when you need to get out if your car is on fire, which in Kenny's case is every day.

if its there keep it in i say ;D , my personal opinion is leave it in if it was bad for ya i dont think car companys would use them!

That's like saying: If cigarettes were bad for you people wouldn't sell them.

It's a way for companies to charge more for an optional extra.

Also airbags don't pin you in your seat as they deflate again, seatbelt pretensioners pin you back though

been a panel beater 30 years+ you can allways tell when a seat belt has not been used or the air bag has been disabled,Hair on the smashed windscreen bent stearing wheel( ribs) and claret all over the dash:down:

been a panel beater 30 years+ you can allways tell when a seat belt has not been used or the air bag has been disabled,Hair on the smashed windscreen bent stearing wheel( ribs) and claret all over the dash:down:

hi bd, me too (20+ yrs), and i can,t believe some of these post,s fwn .
they say there,s been 3 million airbag deployments worldwide, more lives saved, surely ?, than injuries from the bag itself ?

I agree they save more lives than they take but if for example they kill 3% of people I don't wanna be that 3% so I don't use airbags.

Roll cages aren't much better, as you fly around the car in an accident you crack bones on the hard metal of the cage lol

You can get proper padding for cages though.

My mate has a brace that runs straight across his car in front of the back seats.
When I sit in it, the bar comes quite nicely up to my NECK of all things!!
I keep my hands on the bar at all times!!! :p

ya cant get padding for the road tho lol , a air bag doesnt stay up you numties lol they go up and down in less than 5 secs lol!

lets hope none of you will need it ey?

for example they kill 3% of people I don't wanna be that 3% so I don't use airbags

so you'd rather be in the other 97% that die on something like a steering wheel and become distributed round the car rather than a bag that might save your life? fwn

omg what have i started i wanted to know if it was possible because i had my race steering wheel to use on my car as i prefer a smaller wheel to the standard one mods close this please as i dont want to cause arguments between fellow micrateers

so you'd rather be in the other 97% that die on something like a steering wheel and become distributed round the car rather than a bag that might save your life? fwn

I wear a seatbelt, the wheel won't come into it. My car doesn't even have an airbag, but I won't buy a car that does.

I bet if you look at RTA deaths before airbags were invented they wouldn't be that different

omg what have i started i wanted to know if it was possible because i had my race steering wheel to use on my car as i prefer a smaller wheel to the standard one mods close this please as i dont want to cause arguments between fellow micrateers

you can close it yourself mate on additional options when you reply click close thread.

right tbh if you dont wna feel the airbag go off...then dont crash? simple really? then theres no need to remove anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back