Any K10 crash veterans ???

Just out of intrest, do any k10s survive (get repaired) after damage like this, or is it just buy another and swap all yer mods etc?

I wish the rest of the front was built like the bumper....

Mines prettymuch dead, (few other maintence cost on top of damage)

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 389
It could be repaired, I was almost going to but THE £ is too much lol...

Yeah well so is buying another car. And i heard you say that the shell is worth £100 scrap value :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In dream land maybe but in reality it's only £25-£30, and i know this because i weighed in a k10 shell just 3 months ago. Scrap steel is only £140 per ton. A fully assembled micra with optional extras is only 800kgs, but that's not all steel, is it.
Strip it down to the shell and that weight becomes close to 200kgs.
Rather than strip the car and waste another Super S, which are already rare, just sell it whole and let someone take it on as a winter project. My estimate would be around £200 in that condition, i would recommend that you cash in the tax.

mine was almost identical to that, i straightened mine out and got a new bonnet and grille, you should be able to get the whole front panel for around £50, and i got my bonnet in red for £10 from the scrapyard, but like i said i straightened my front panel with a big hammer a couple of blocks of wood and a scissor jack lol

Its 1/2 broken already now. Iv'e only had the car like 4-5 mnths, its cost nearly £150 a month, and with the crash damage, well its the straw that broke the camels back.
Im ####ed bout all of it, I mean firshh after all the usual oil change ect, one of the brake pipes burst and had 2 be replaced from the DP valve, bits of other minor but long stuff, and for the MoT new w/screeen, reck, front wheel bearing, needed like £200+ of sil welding, and there was alwasy sum issue with that stupid ecc carb and you cant F**** tune them ones can you. I knew buying an old retro car would need a bit o work, but I think my one was held together with rust... MOT run out yesterday.

#### MAN i got too attached to this car, all the had work, all the plans and ideas, was gonna get the camber bolts like 2 day n have a mini touring car, was like 1/2 way thru getin a inlet 4 them bike carbs 2 was gonna make it outa the flange from a stock ilet n get 4 pipes welde on ... was gonna de-cat.. would have been legal 2 cos of its age...... AAAAAAAAAAAA
OH WELL #### HAPPENS EH?

I told you Im more then happy to buy it and take on the project. Please at least dont break it or scrap it ! :(

I think he's already made up his mind guys, at the end of the day he's been going to dodgey garages and been getting ripped off since he's owned the car, and now he wants to make it all back by breaking up the car. Despite the fact it only needs £80 or less spending to make it right.
It's one of them things, you need to know the right people to keep your car maintained on a nice sensible budget, rather than use any old joey garage and pay silly money. (Y)

Tell you what Jon, put up the price that you want for the car, the whole car, with all it's origional stuff, i.e. the way it was when you first bought it. Put up that price for everyone to see before stripping the car any further, and watch someone buy it. You might think it's not worth doing or it's jinxed or this, that and the other, but there are many capable people on here who know all the right people in the right places and would be quite happy to take that car on.

That's money in your pocket, the burden off your shoulders, another Super S saved, and a happy new owner with a nice little project for the winter. Just think about that before killing the damn thing completely like a moose. I know that, even though they might not admit it, there are probably many people in agreement with me on this one. I'm not being arsey with you or anything, i'm just the kinda guy that says what's on his mind.
:p

###NI £80 . WOT 4 WELDING HOLES IN A SILL?? AND A NEW WINDSCREEN AND RACK. ?? mate its goin thru mot, its failed. it wil need more and more welding. U HAVENT SEEN MY ###IN CAR HAVE YOU???? HOW CAN YOU JUSTIFY ME GOING 2 'DODGY GARAGES' so WHAT WUD U DO WHEN 2ND GOES ON UR BOX AN U NEED A CLUCH, YEH £80 AGEN???? iLL TAKE £550 , OR ### OFF STOP TRYIN 2 MUG ME OFF LIKE A SARKY BOY AND LET ME BREAK MY CAR AN GET SOME MONEY

Sorry, but how can u say £80 for a wing, bonnet, sidlight, 2 helight, grille, front panne( it has sheared so HAS 2 be replaced) ill take pic just 2 prove it...
and paint. im not gonna ### my car up n try a home respray, and u do have 2 pay 4 good spraying. if its #### it s IS ####, and that would cos far more than parts. i do like evrything myself, but i wouldnt want 2 try sprayin, blending in all that crap.
And then the mot cost. Ill take a pic or the mot print out if u want, then tell me that can also b done with tha same £80? maybe another £80....
Im not dumb, i know my #### with motors, like i say i was just about to spend like 250 or more on the mot and had many happy years.... i dont get ###ed round by garages, i practical live in my local, i NEVER use em, an the older guy ther gives good advice, as in its not gonna profit him 2 tell me thers a problem, cos ill do it, or get my mates shop 2. but yer £550

Mate u dont know ####

Hood £49.99
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-Micra-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a51243ecb

Grill £9.68
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-MICRA-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20b3606786

Passenger Headlight £18.52
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-MICRA-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item588965992f

Driver Headlight £19.99
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-MICRA-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43980234f3

Passenger Sidelight £4.95
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-MICRA-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5adb87bc2f

Driver Sidelight £9.95
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-MICRA-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415301eeda

Total = £113.08

Only the grill requires paint, the slam pannel can be straightened and welded. As for the MOT, i never even mentioned it.
Cills cost only £20 per side, that's all i pay and if it's done right then it only needs doing once.
You're welcome moose, oh and just one other thing, i do know enough to watch the road when i'm driving.
:laugh:

Mate u tried takin the ####, i mention all the Mot #### in this thred B4 u posted, and see, i found all dat ####on ebay , its not £80 thois it???? the slam cannot be repaied. it is ###ed. i can get another, but
You obviusly didnt read how i seid the repair COULD b done, BUT there was all the Mot cost, and then u mugg me off with that post wtf???

and wot about the welding on the slam, wot get a gypsey 2 do it 4 my old boiler??. I aint got a wleder, or i mite think of doing it all
an how are you gonna get 2 new sill in for 20?
wot bout the windscreen its like the most expensive part? im actually addiing cost, not jus throwing money......

£550, or break, i sed a few times now.....

could do with a few details as well, people arent gunna shed out £550 for a car with front end damage thats a bit of work to get it through the mot, let alone they have to put it on a trailer

Back