another gearbox question

superls

K10 Tuner
can anyone give me the number that is on the K10 gearbox that indicates whether it is long or short ratio.

cheers superls

superls

i doubt if it is stamped on !
more likely they were colour coded in the factory
you,ll just have to count the turns i think

yes and no, i was ofered a K10 gearbox, supposidly a long ratio but i wanted to confirm it before i bought it. but if all else fails ill have to look into k11 ones

under the distributer on the top of the gearbox near were the clutch cable bracket is bolted to,,
there on the top flat face when you clean this area up you will see a batch of 7 number close together and then a gap then a number and a letter on there own ,
its this last number near the letter
4 is a long
5 is a short
this has nothing to do with whether its a 5 or 4 speed box

Cheers Bob, Ill Have A Look Then

what model k10 have you got and let me no what it says

1.0 with 4 speed box will have the mark 4m or v this will have the long 3.8 diff in
1.0 with 5 speed box will have the mark 5s this will have the short 4.0 diff in
all 1.2 have the long box in which is marked 4s (3.8) diff ratio

The only k10 with the short ratio gearbox in is a 1.0 with a 5 speed gearbox,
all other models weather it has a 4 or a 5 speed gearbox in are all as you call long boxes (3.8)diff

This info only applies if your k10 still has the same gearbox in from when it was new,,there no tellings what it has in if its been replaced since then.

well the SS i bought must have had a replacement gearbox on it as it was definately a short 5 speed one, so your saying all 1.2's have the long box on then bob?

am i right in saying that the long 5 speed is a 4 speed with an extra gears, as i found the gearatios and that led me to believe that it was?

well the SS i bought must have had a replacement gearbox on it as it was definately a short 5 speed one, so your saying all 1.2's have the long box on then bob?

am i right in saying that the long 5 speed is a 4 speed with an extra gears, as i found the gearatios and that led me to believe that it was?

correct...the 5 speed long is the same as the 1.0 4 speed but with the extra gear.all 1.2 had the 4s long box fitted when new

Back