Annoying Squeeky Windscreen Wipers!!!

Maccy

Young K11-er!
How on earth do I sort this problem? Happened with the old set and got a new set a few weeks ago and they squeek like no tomorrow! Any product/chemical I can put on them???

i usually twist the arm with 2 pliers maccy (to change the angle that the blades lie on the glass)
but others have posted that its caused by the play in the arm spindles :eek:

It might be the spindle for the wiper arm mate, it usually is...undo the wiper arm nut, wiggle the arm off (take note of it's original position, i used a dry wipe marker) and lift off the black rubber doughnut thingy that fits over the spindle...now drown it in some light oil/silicone spray, give the wipers a few turns to get the slippy stuff in there, and put it all back together...10 min job, and the squeaks are gone! :p

Mine squeaked like mad a month or so ago, really noisy, I was going to clean the blades with vinegar but kept forgetting. They don't squeak at all now and I never actually did anything

polish your windscreen with some good car polish that will work and stop the noise

I use Autoglym Fast Glass & Autoglym Glass Polish - not sure this helps.

It might be the spindle for the wiper arm mate, it usually is...undo the wiper arm nut, wiggle the arm off (take note of it's original position, i used a dry wipe marker) and lift off the black rubber doughnut thingy that fits over the spindle...now drown it in some light oil/silicone spray, give the wipers a few turns to get the slippy stuff in there, and put it all back together...10 min job, and the squeaks are gone! :p

Thanks - I'll give this a go, no doubt I'll post back with problems though!!

Gave the wiper blades a wipe with WD40 and then Vinegar, seems to have eliminated the problem by 95%!

Back