Windscreen wipers

CMF_Gareth

» CMF Member
Hi all,

Took my car to the mechanics for a rego check a couple of weeks ago, and they told me I needed new wiper blades so I said they could fit new ones while I was there.

The very next time the wipers were turned on the drivers side wiper caught the passenger side one and bent quite considerably. Personally I reckon they didn't fit the new blades correctly, but my mechanic blamed faulty linkage or something. This probably means if I take it him it will cost me a fortune, so I am on the look out for a wiper to fit on the drivers side. I will take two new ones.

If any one can help me please send me an email. I havent contacted Nissan yet but I imagine they will charge plenty for a new one.

Cheers.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Mate, wiper booms from an N15 Pulsar will fit! Not the arms, but the booms the rubber wiper bits fill into.

If the arms themselves are bent well thats a different matter. Probably best going to the wreckers, finding replacements and painting them nice and black again.

Cheers

CMF_M5

» CMF Member
Gareth,

Bosch do an excellent replacement boom and wiper unit. The codes you need are BBR 500S for the driver side and BBR 450S for the passenger side. These units are excellent quality and fit perfectly onto the Micra arms.They are exactly the same specifications as factory and they cost approximately $15.00 each. They are available from Super Cheap Auto outlets. The only problem is that with all this rain we have been getting they may be hard to find!

Henry

CMF_Gareth

» CMF Member
Thanks guys,

It is just the boom that is bent so it sounds like a trip to Super Cheap Auto is all that is required. Youre right M5, probably the worst time to need new ones, with all this rain they will either be out of stock, or see this as an opportunity to make a bit of extra cash and tripled the price.

Cheers, and thanks again for your help.

Back